This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Break Ends and the Craziness Begins!

Sadly, the Summer Break has come to an end for my girls and I.  **Sigh**

That's one of the downfalls of me going back to a "school year" work schedule. As soon as I get used to being at home all day... BAM! It's gone, and I have to get used to working again. Oh well. I guess it's better than having to work a 9-5 job, five days a week (or more!).

I really can't complain. I only work 3 half days a week.    
** Smile **

Dtr. #1 started back to college today. This was her first day at her NEW college. I am anxious to hear how her day went!! This is her 3rd college, by the way. Poor baby started out at a 2 year Junior College, then transferred to a big university college away from home and has now transferred AGAIN to the university that is close to our home. If the first college had been a 4 year college, she would have stayed there in a heart beat! But, reluctantly... she had to move on.

She We all thought that moving away to a big college and living on her own was the right thing for her to do, but after a year of unhappiness... we realized that it wasn't such a smart choice. So... she is back home, and going to school here.

Dtr. #2 starts back to class tomorrow. She is in her 2nd year of college. This is the first time since my girls were in 1st & 5th Grade, that they have both been in the same school!! ~ CRAZY!!

Although... it will still be like they are in different schools, because that are each at different campus locations because of their majors.

One thing that I haven't figured out is how I am going to manage FEEDING everyone!! We are all on different schedules! We are all coming and going with our various jobs, as well as the girls going to their different classes.

If anyone has any suggestions.... throw them my way!! I would appreciate your ideas!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I deleted the first comment because I gave you the wrong link and wanted to fix it. :)

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I don't know how much you know about photography but from time to time I post some very beginner photography tips. Here is the link to those... Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I don't know how much you know about photography but from time to time I post some very beginner photography tips. Here is the link to those... http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=1502134589345348111&searchType=ALL&txtKeywords=&label=photography+tips

    I don't really have any tips on feeding a crew at different times. Maybe stuff in the crockpot so it's ready at a certain time but can always be kept warm for the next people. (I've got some good recipes!) Or casseroles because they would be easy to microwave a serving. Good luck!

    I don't really have any tips on feeding a crew at different times. Maybe stuff in the crockpot so it's ready at a certain time but can always be kept warm for the next people. (I've got some good recipes!) Or casseroles because they would be easy to microwave a serving. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... so I am having serious issues with posting an error free comment to you today haha. No idea why it posted twice with the full comment in the middle haha. Sorry! I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haahaaa.... Laura, it's no problem! It's actually quite funny! ;)

    Thanks for the ideas of crock-pot recipes and casseroles. I have plenty of cookbooks! I guess I need to get them out and look for some tasty yummies that my family will love!

    Thanks for the photography link, too! I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...