This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Power of TOUCH

I read somewhere recently, -- probably in a devotion, I read a lot of them! -- that the power of TOUCH, can do a lot for someone that is hurting. Just a simple arm around the shoulders of someone who is hurting can do wonders for them. Or even just a hand on their shoulder!

Jesus was a "toucher". He used the "power of touch" over and over again while He was here on our Earth. There are numerous verses that tell of his healing touch ---

Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy. -- Matthew 8:3

He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him. -- Matthew 8:15

Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; -- Matthew 9:29

But Jesus came and touched them. "Get up," he said. "Don't be afraid." -- Matthew 17:7

Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him. -- Matthew 20:24

The list goes on and on. All throughout the Gospels, there are stories of how Jesus touched others, and how they came to Him to be touched. Of course, those of you that know Jesus are saying.... "Well, Jesus had the power to HEAL through His touch." --- Yes, this is true. But, I am telling you..... you ALSO have the power to heal through YOUR TOUCH! It may not be the same sort of "healing" that Jesus can do, but for someone that is hurting... your touch DOES have the power to heal, as well!!

In my opinion.... the best thing that you can do for someone that is hurting, is to give them a HUG. A hug gives the hurting person that "touch" that they so desperately need, and.... it also gives them a moment -- or a few moments, depending on how long the hug is! -- of feeling safe and secure. For just that moment... their worries and fears are taken away. THIS.... to me... is "healing".

This post was written totally by me, but the words are straight from GOD.

May you have a blessed day, and be sure to look for those who need your healing touch today!

3 comments:

  1. YES!! i can vouch for that!!! being a massage therapist...i experience every day how 'touch' can help a person through just about anything. >>when a child falls and scrapes a knee...what does mother do? touches...kisses...the hurt spot. >>touch heals<< :) laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a hug can go a long way. It's unfortunate that we are now in a society where we hesitate before doing this. I once worked with a person who was crying very very hard. I actually thought someone must have died. I managed to calm her down and when she felt better I gave her a hug before leaving.

    I guess that hug ticked her off. The next day, she warned me that I would be reported to HR for harassment if I were to do that again. I'm not kidding. The hug was innocent. I felt bad someone was crying so hard they couldn't breath. I'm not a strange person, so when that comment was made, it made me step back a bit. I now only reserve hugs etc. for family and friends.

    I like your post, and I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I really appreciate your comments. I like to give and recieve hugs myself. Marnie, you are right, tho. We do have to be careful about giving them out too easily. I had a similar situation happen to me once, too. ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...