This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Feeling God's Love

Last night, as part of my Stephen Minister training, we were asked to pick one of the following passages of scripture to read ----

Psalm 46
Isaiah 40:25-31
Matthew 6:25-34
Romans 8:26-39

We were also asked to LISTEN for God to speak to us thru the scripture that we chose.

I chose Matthew 6:25-34 which reads ---

(New International Version)


Do Not Worry


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?


"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I chose this passage because WORRY is something that I have been dealing with for the past month because of my gall bladder issue. (By the way... I am having it removed on Friday, September 3rd.)

As I said above, we were asked to LISTEN for God to speak to us thru the passage. This is what I heard God say to me ---

Do not worry. Do you not see that I care for you? I love you and WILL provide for you. I am concerned for you. You worry too much and are forgetting about Me. You are forgetting to seek Me FIRST. Instead, you panic and worry. When you worry, you show a lack of faith in Me.

This hit me HARD!! Yes. I have been "forgetting" about God. I have been so wrapped up in "worrying" about ME that I have forgotten to seek the wisdom of God's words.

Our leader prayed for us and I cried as my head was bowed. I knew that God had gotten thru to me and I HEARD HIM SPEAK TO ME!

Wow!! Out of all the passages to read in the Bible, THIS ONE was one of the choices! God, you are amazing and I LOVE YOU!

On my way home, I turned on my Sidewalk Prophets CD and the song that came on was one called "You Loved Me Anyway". You can see the words and hear the song here. -- Sorry, I don't know how to add the actual video to my blog page. The words are beautiful, tho! I hope you will take the time to listen.

Again... God SPOKE TO ME!! He wanted me to know that even tho I have forgotten Him... He STILL loves me and there is NOTHING that I can do to keep Him from loving me.

Now... THAT is an AWESOME GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...