This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bucket List #88-90

We're almost to the end!!!

#88 --- Become better at public prayer --- By this, I mean that I want to be able to pray better in front of other people, especially a large group, such as my whole church! I have been asked by my pastor on several occasions, if I would be willing to pray on Sunday mornings, during the service. Each time, I have said .... "No. I'm not ready for that." And of course, I feel GUILTY for saying "no". But, the truth is that I really haven't been ready. I have just gotten comfortable with praying in a "small" (12 people and under!) group setting, within the last couple of years.

But, I told my pastor that I would "PRAY about PRAYING" -- This is how it is written in my Prayer Journal. And because I have been doing that, I now feel more confident that I can do it. I am just waiting to be "asked", now. **smile**


#89 --- Write my own personal mission statement --- Believe it or not... I got this idea from watching "Jon & Kate Plus Eight" --- This was BEFORE all the drama with them splitting and BEFORE Kate had her million dollar (I know... it really wasn't a million! But, it might as well have been!) makeover! --- when the show was actually GOOD! They wrote a "Family Mission Statement". I thought it was such a neat idea, so I "Googled" (of course!) "Personal Mission Statements" to get some ideas of how I could write one for myself. Here's what I have came up with, so far ----

To find happiness, fulfillment, and value in living I will:

· REVERE admirable characteristics in others, such as being spiritual, caring, healthy, fun, inspiring, and giving, and attempt to implement similar characteristics in my own life.

· RECOGNIZE my strengths and develop talents as a person who is good with words, a listener, a writer, Understanding people, Leading, and artistic.

· UTILIZE these talents in things I love to do, especially to read, go camping, go to the beach, watch TV, go hiking, ride rollercoasters, travel, go to church, garden, and play on the computer.

· ENVISION myself becoming a person who:
Dtr. #1 thinks is caring, trustworthy, and fun.
Dtr. #2 thinks is respectful, dependable, and moral.
Hubby thinks is sensitive, wise, and enthusiastic.
And I Will Remember What Matters Most to Me

· 20 years from now, I hope to be surrounded by the most important people in my life. This is who they are and what I plan to be doing:
Hubby would be there. Dtr. #1 and Dtr. #2 would be there. Their husbands and children would be there. We would be vacationing together somewhere fun.
· If a six inch steelbeam were placed across two skyscrapers, this is what I would be willing to cross for:
My family

· If I could spend one day in a great library studying anything I wanted, this is what I would study:
Christianity

· This is what I feel represents me, and why:
Bible

· This is a time when I was deeply inspired:
I was inspired to make a list of 100 things that I wanted to do in my life before I die.

· If I could spend one hour with any person who ever lived, this is who it would be, and what I would ask:
My Granddaddy. I wish that I had known him. I have heard great stories about him. I would ask him to tell me some of his stories.

I don't own this book, but it looks like it would be a good resource!


#90 --- Write my will --- This is something that Hubby and I keep "putting off", but I know that it is SUPER IMPORTANT! Of course, I don't think it is as important now that our kids are adults (Yikes! When did that happen?), but yes.... it is still important. We just need to sit down and "JUST DO IT", as the Nike slogan says!









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...