This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Salvatore Principe Torrentes

I am starting to develop an interest in wine. Not just to drink it, but also to learn more about the different wines that there are and where they come from.

Everytime I am in a store, whether it be SAM'S or my local grocery store, and I pass by the wine section.... I find myself stopping to read the labels. I mentioned to Hubby recently that I thought it would be a fun hobby to get into.

Well, this past Saturday, when Hubby and I were in our new FRESH MARKET store.... I found myself, once again, browsing the wine section!

I have always enjoyed the WHITE WINES and my favorite is WHITE ZINFANDEL.

I became intrigued by this one because of the beautiful label!

I love the heart!

I have always loved HEARTS, so this one caught my eye, of course! I decided that THIS wine would be my first one to do research on, and also to blog about. It's not a White Zinfandel, but it IS a WHITE WINE.

I found this website on the back of the bottle - http://www.prestigewinegroup.com/ - and here is what I learned about this particular wine....

Salvatore Principe Torrontes

Tasting Notes
Torrontes is a native grape varietal to Argentina and has the nose of a Gewurztraminer with aromas of violets, apricots, honey and spices followed by a refreshing palate of citrus fruits.


Food Pairings

Pairs well with salads, chicken or spicy dishes.

Varietal(s)

100% Torrontes

Region
Cafayate, Argentina

Vineyard & Winemaking Notes
The grapes are sourced from the highest commercial vineyards in the world in the Cafayate region of Mendoza, Argentina. The vines are grown in a mixture of sand and stone at the foothills of Andes. At over 5,500 feet above sea level, altitude plays an instrumental role in the development of the grapes. The warm, strong sunlit days followed by cool nights favor a slow maturation process allowing full development of flavors and acids. The grapes are hand harvested from low yielding vines.


My thoughts on this wine --- I didn't like it as much as my fave (White Zinfandel), but I would consider buying it again. I give it a "Thumbs Up".

I also learned that Salvatore Principe is an artist, which also intrigues me because my mom and Dtr. #1 are artists! Here's his website -- http://www.salvatoreprincipe.com/

My mom painted this beautiful glass for me years ago.

I also came across this wondeful website -- http://www.wineintro.com/ -- which has LOTS of wonderul information on wines!! From this website, I learned WHY I like White Zinfandel. It is the wine for those of us with a "Sweet Tooth". **smile**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...