This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, April 25, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - U

Letter U

Umbrellas

Sometimes I like them. Sometimes, I don't . Sometimes they are more of a "pain" than they are useful! For example.... I do not like using them if I know that I am going to be getting in and out of the car. I get MORE wet just trying to take down my umbrella and get it into the car, than if I had just not used it! If I am going to be getting in and out of the car frequently when it is raining, I would rather use my rain jacket. I remember when my girls were still riding in strollers when I went shopping at the mall. It was NEVER fun to have to deal with an umbrella AND a child in a stoller! The only time that I really like using an umbrella is when I know that I am going to be out in the rain for a while.

Unicorns

When I was a teenager, I collected these! I had unicorn figurines, posters, and even notebooks with unicorns on them! In my house now, you will only find one unicorn. It is a beautiful ceramic one that was a wedding gift from my mother. My girls think I was a bit "weird" for liking unicorns so much back then! LOL!

Underwear

When I think of this word, I think back to one of our first camping trips with our "camping friends". We were camping up in the mountains of north Georgia and one of my friends forgot to pack underwear for herself! The nearest town was very small and the only stores that might possibly carry ladies underwear were a grocery store and a drug store.... and neither of them did!! We ended up having to drive across a mountain to a bigger town to find a Walmart! We have some great memories from that trip!

Universal Studios

Last Summer, I took my girls and Rory to Florida so that we could visit Universal Studios. Our main objective was to go to Harry Potter World!! We had a wonderful trip!! One that we will never forget!

Unbelievable

This is a word that I use quite frequently. I use it for just about everything! Of course, I say it with much expression, like this.... "UN-BE-lievable!!!"

4 comments:

  1. ok totally blanked on the Universal studios duh and i live here but Underwear has to be the mst popular U word everyone seems to mention it. hugs and great post sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! ~ LOL! on the Universal Studios! ~ ((HUGS)) to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky.
    I bet Harry Potter World would be so much fun. I haven't been to Florida on Vacation in 18 years. I have been to Florida though in the big truck. I never even thought of Underwear for the U post. I like you wrote about Umbrellas and Unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cookie! ~ Yes!!! Harry Potter World is a blast!! And I love Florida! I hope that you can get back there someday and visit Orlando, where Universal Studios is! I also love the Florida beaches! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...