This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - D

Letter D

David

Well, of course he is my #1 pick for the letter D! **Smile** Here's a brief rundown of how we met. David and I met on Thanksgiving of 1981. I was just two weeks shy of being 17, and he was 18. I was a Senior in high school, and he was in his first year of college. I was living in Stone Mountain, GA at the time. David was attending college in Daytona Beach, Florida. (Lucky him!) His mom & dad had recently divorced and his dad had moved to Stone Mountain and was my neighbor in the apartments that I lived in. My dad and David's dad were friends. They shared a love for cars. David came up from Florida to spend Thanksgiving with his dad. His dad introduced us and the rest is history!! We have been together for what will be 26 years on April 19th! It was love at first sight for both of us and I quickly knew that we would be together forever!

Daddy

The second most important man in my life was my Daddy. He was a young 53 when he died of a heart attack. He was very sick, tho. He had a heart disease and he had diabetes. He grew up in Columbus, GA and played high school football. I have been told that a professional football team approached him about playing for their team, but he chose to go into the Navy, instead. He served two years on an aircraft carrier during the Korean War. Luckily, he never saw any battle. I miss him so very much, as I have told you all before. My biggest regret is not spending enough time with him before he passed. I was a selfish teenager and my "social life" was more important at that time than spending time with my parents. I was hardly ever home. I love you, Daddy!

Disney

My first memory of Walt Disney World is of visiting the "Sneak Peak" before the park even opened! We saw a model of what Magic Kingdom would look like and got to see a film about it. Of course, there was a gift shop, too! I have a picture of myself with a stuffed animal of the cat O'Malley from Disney's movie...The Aristocrats. Of course, we visited Walt Disney World after it opened, too. I have memories of riding Dumbo with my cousin and him not letting me make Dumbo go up and down! I also remember riding Space Mountain with my Daddy. He sat behind me and I sat in between his legs. (I don't think it is that way anymore.) I remember him trying to hold on to me, his glasses in his pocket and the side of the rocket ship that we were riding in! It was great fun! ~ When my girls were ages 6 & 10, David and I took them to WDW for their first time! It was SO AWESOME!! The first day, we were standing in line at the monorails, waiting to ride to Magic Kingdom, when a man in a suit and tie came over to us and asked us if we would like to OPEN THE PARK!!!!! We of course said... YES! So, they pulled us out of line and we go to stand in front of everyone else that was waiting to go in and release a banner that announced the opening of the park! Then, we got to ride in the front of the monorail, where Miranda got to beep the horn! We also got an official certificate saying that we "opened the park". It was way cool!! My girls had a blast and so did David & I. It is a vacation that none of us will ever forget!

Dreams

Dreams fascinate me. I dream often and my dreams seem SO REAL! Most of the time, they are good dreams. I don't have "bad" dreams very often. I don't always remember them, but often... I do. I love to try and figure out the meaning behind my dreams the next day. Sometimes I can figure them out and sometimes, I can't. They just amaze me, tho!

Dogs

I am a dog-lover. I especially like BIG DOGS! Big dogs, like my Golden's or even big dogs like Mastiff's! I grew up having a little dog, tho. She was a Toy Fox Terrier. She was wonderful! Her name was Penny. Later, as an adult, I got bit by a small poodle... so, I guess that is why I prefer big dogs. I got bit by a cat once, too!

8 comments:

  1. Becky it is fun learning about you! I love the memories! I need to go back to the other letters, I must have missed them. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, I can feel the emotions coming through. If someone should read only one entry of your blog, this should be the one. truly touched and not kidding at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda ~ I am having fun with it! Yes.... please go and check out the other letters! :)

    Claudia ~ You are so very sweet & kind. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay Disney was on my list to love this place it's my home away from home

    ReplyDelete
  5. . It is a vacation that none of us will ever forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cat named Chester. What a cute name. I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Inspiring Blog Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's wonderful that you met your soul mate (David!) like that and fell in love so quickly, and that you're still together. I loved the story about your dad. My dad was so special to me too and, of course, I still miss him (and mum) very much indeed. I don't dream very often at all, and I've never been to Disneyland in Florida, although I have been to the one in Paris, but I'm sure it's not really the same as the original!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca ~ I am jealous that you live so close to Disney! :)

    Picking up women ~ Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting! :)

    Deirdra ~ Thank you for visiting my blog and how sweet of you to give me an award! That means a lot to me! I will go to your site very soon! ~ Blessings! :)

    This ~ The orginal Disneyland is in California. I think it opened in the 1950's? Not sure. The one in Florida opened in the 1970's. I am sure that the one in Paris is just as wonderful! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...