This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, April 4, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - C

** I forgot to mention that this challenge does not include Sundays! Oops!

Letter C

Church

Church is a BIG part of my life! It has been since my kids were little. I wish that I could say that it has been for all of my life, but I wouldn't be telling the truth. I found the Lord when I was about 26 years old and followed His call to start going to church. I went as a child, but not very much. I went as a teenager with a friend, to her church, but I was not there for the right reasons. (Only for the boys! *Grin*) I was baptized as a baby in a United Methodist Church and this has always been my choice of church denominations. David grew up in the UMC church, as well. Throughout my adult life, I have been actively involved in church in all kinds of ways --- Children's Ministries, Women's Ministries, Small Group Ministries, Stephen Ministry and College Ministry. I love the Lord and believe that God sent His Son to die on a cross for ME! I try my very best to put God first in everything that I do and to walk closely by His side every day.

Camping

My family and I have been "campers" for about 12 years, now. We started out camping in tents, but quickly moved up in the camping world to a "Pop-up" style camper. We found friends at church that also liked to camp and quickly formed a bond with these friends that still exists today! We camp as often as we can. We have been as far north as the north Georgia mountains, to as far south as Walt Disney World. Two of our very favorite campgrounds (besides Disney!) are one that is very close to our home, called F.D. Roosevelt State Park... and one that is on the coast of the Florida Panhandle, near Destin, Florida.

Columbus

Like I told you in a previous post, I was born in Columbus, Georgia. When I was only 3 years old, my Daddy was transferred to Atlanta where I grew up and eventually met David (who grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! Ya... I'll have to explain that one at another time!). Thirteen years ago, David took a transfer with his company and we moved back to my home town of Columbus! Right now, I live just outside of Columbus in a very small town. When I was little, my parents and I would make frequent trips down here to visit my grandparents & other family. Columbus was, and still is, a very important part of my life. I live just down the road from my Great-Grandparents home and from the small church that I was baptised in. This is very special to me. I love living right where my family history is!

Chester

Oh my! What can I say about Chester?? He is my 1 year old Golden Retriever puppy. (I also have a 8 1/2 year old Golden, too.) We were going to wait until THIS summer before we got another dog, but Miranda... and her VERY persuasive self.... talked us into getting a puppy last May, instead! I love puppies, but I quickly realized that I do NOT have the patience that I used to have and as much as I love Chester... he has tried my patience MANY times!! He is our 3rd Golden that we have owned, and we have NEVER had one do the things that he has done! --- He took FOREVER to house-train. He has dug SO many holes in my yard. Last summer, he ate almost all of my newly planted plants. And he has LOTS of energy! He's a cutie, but my oh my.... he makes me crazy sometimes!

Computer

I have to admit. I spend a great deal of time on my computer. Probably, too much! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a "blogger" and reading other blogs. I used to have an addiction to Facebook, but I have tamed that addiction down a bit, and I am not on it nearly as much as I used to be. But, I do have to say that I am thankful that Facebook was created. I have reconnected with SO many people from my past and it has been so much fun!! The kids of today don't know that fun feeling of "reconnecting" with someone from their past. Facebook has always been a part of "their" life. They don't know any different. I feel lost when I have no internet access! This usually only happens when we travel or go camping. I feel like I am disconnected from the world and it bothers me!! Yes. I know. I have issues! LOL!

10 comments:

  1. You are getting rather too good at this A - Z Challenge, Becky (and yes, I know exactly what you mean when you are without an internet connection - aren't we sad??!!). That was 5 'C's' that you snuck in there. I think it's really nice that you are part of a real Church community, with all the fellowship that can bring. I have never been camping I'm afraid, so I can't relate to that one. Your little Chester does sound to be rather a naughty little puppy, but I'm sure he brings you a lot of love. It must be something special to live just down the road from where your great-grandparents used to live. You obviously have real connections to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi This! ~ Yes. We are a sad generation, aren't we! Who knew just a decade (or so) that we would be this dependant on our computers! It's crazy! ~ Yes. I love my church & my church family! It is a wonderful feeling when you are at church and you know that you are surrounded by so many people that love you! ~ Yes. I feel very "connected" to my family heritage, being right here! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nancy! ~ Thank you for visiting my blog and for being my newest follower! ~ Blessings to you, my sister in Chirst! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creatibe Becky, pretty jealous :) Just kidding, keep on writing, your words are worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia ~ You are so sweet! Thank you! I have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks pretty and sweet Becky for coming by and keep up with your beautiful writing, maybe your church going and God are your inspiration!
    XO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby ~ You are so sweet! Big ((HUGS)) to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your list it's wonderful and so tickle you included chester

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becca ~ Nope! I couldn't leave him out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...