This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, April 8, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - G

I'm starting early today! (Be sure to read about "F". I posted it late yesterday!)

Letter G

God

I believe in God. I do not question whether He exists. I know He does. I am a true believer. He is the Beginning and the End. The Alpha and the Omega. The One who created the world that we live in. He is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, and all-loving. I look foward to meeting God... face to face... when my journey, here on earth, ends.

Georgia

It is the great state where I live, here in the United States. As you know... I have lived in Georgia my whole life. I know no different. When I was little, I used to dream of moving to Texas. I have no idea "why", tho! Texas and Pennsylvania (for whatever reason!) were my two favorite states. As it turned out... I ended up marrying the man of my dreams who just happens to be from... Pennsylvania! **Smile** I guess that's why I had Pennsylvania on my mind! --- I'm still not sure why Texas was! --- Yet!

Gallbladder

Just this past September... I had to have mine removed! Last July, I started having terrible pains in my upper abdomen and it took over a month of tests to figure out that my gallbladder was the cause of the pain. It was only functioning at 11%. Yikes! I had to have it removed before it ruptured. Luckily, the doctors were able to do it lyproscopically and I was able to go home that same day. The surgery went fine, but the anhestesia made me terrribly sick!! THAT was NOT fun!

Goat

When I was little, I wanted a goat. I thought that they were so cute!! I wanted to name mine "Mildred". I have NO IDEA where I got that name from! LOL! I never got my goat. Well.......Wait a minute! I take that back! I have one now!! His name is Chester!!! **Smile**

Grandparent

I know that it is quite a few years off (at least I hope it is!)... but, I look foward to becoming a grandparent! David and I talk about it all the time, which I find kind of funny! Heehee! He is so cute when he talks about it! We want to take our grandchildren to places like Disney and also take them camping. We want to buy them things just for no reason! I want to be like my grandmother and sneak a dollar in their hand as they leave my house to go home. I want to do crafts with them and bake cookies. I can't wait to tell them stories about their Mommies when they were little! I have friends that are grandparents and from what I gather.... being a grandparent is THE best thing EVER! It will be a blast, I'm sure! I just wonder "where" my girls will end up living and where David & I will be. I think the hardest part of being a grandparent will be.... if my kids live far away. That will be tough!

3 comments:

  1. Being a grandma is the very best thing in the whole world Becky!! It brings so much joy into ones life. But, you will have to be patient for a while longer yet!!! Yes, Chester is like a little goat! Have you solved the problem yet?? I believe in God also. I can't imagine going through life NOT believing! Have a lovely weekend and I hope the sun shines for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your reply to my comment yesterday, and I see that you will be in Atlanta for a weekend break. Have a super time - with all your new blouses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi This ~ Yes. I love hearing my friends that are Grandma's, talk about their grandchildren! Their faces always LIGHT UP when they do! ~ Yes, we did solve the problem! The dogs now have their OWN YARD! YAY! ~ Thank you! It is supposed to be warm (very warm!) and sunny all weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...