This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, April 22, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - S (longer post!)

Letter S

Sagittarius

I am not a big fan of astrology, but I do enjoy reading my daily horoscope, every now and then.... just for fun! Sagittarius is my "sign". My birthday is December 9th. The only celebrity that I know of that has my birthday is -- Donny Osmond. When I was a young teen, I thought it was so "cool" that he and I shared the same special day!!

Here is some info that I found on the personality traits of a Sagittarian -- Let's see how many of them that I can truly relate to!

Sagittarians are lucky by nature, so they usually display a cheerful and optimistic disposition. -- I agree. I always try to be cheerful and optimistic.

A state of constant change is a delight for them. -- I don't know about this one! I don't always like change!

Sagittarians are extremely independent, truly free spirits and yet, they are the nicest of all the zodiac signs. Sagitarians are kind, openhearted souls who do not expect anything in return when helping a friend. -- Aww... I like this trait! I try very hard to be like this!

There are no hidden secrets to a Sagittarius - what you see is what you get. -- I'm not sure about this one either. I tend to "hold back" the real me, a lot.

Creative, clever, straightforward, congenial - all these traits describe Sagittarius. -- I think I can agree on these! :)

Sagittarians are usually up for any adventure and love travelling to exotic destinations. That is because they are so curious about the world around them. -- I do love adventures and I love to travel, but there are many places that I have NO desire to go to!

In addition to being curious, Sagittarians are also the great philosophers of the zodiac. Broad-minded and inquisitive, part of Sagittarius's inquisitiveness includes pondering the great questions of all time such as the meaning of life and religious issues. Their clear thinking means they have no problem seeing the "big picture." -- I agree with the "big picture" part. I have always been that way!

Sagittarians are very social people. They give off a charm that draws people to them. The friendliest of all signs, Sagittarians are kind to all and always doing favours for which they expect nothing in return. -- Yep! I love to talk, so I guess that makes me very "social"! LOL! I do try to be friendly, too.

They are not jealous or possessive because they would not want anyone else to be jealous or possessive of them. -- I'm not sure that I agree with this one either. I DO get jealous!

They also do not tell you how to live your life or what you should do - they do not stick their nose in your business, only help when it is needed. -- I agree. (At least I HOPE I don't do this!)

Sagittarians make great entertainers because of their creativeness and outgoing personalities. They have a great sense of humour and, like their opposite sign, Gemini, are great conversationalists and magnificent storytellers. -- Haha!! I guess this would describe me! I do agree that I am "outgoing".

Sagittarians can often be seen as too talkative and pushy because of their extrovert ways. -- I hope I am not "pushy"! Some people may say that I am too talkative, tho! Oops! ;)

Sometimes their frankness is seen as being too blunt or impatient. -- No. I disagree. I am not "blunt" or "impatient".

Because of their desire for change, Sagittarians may have a hard time committing to a relationship for very long. A Sagittarian's carefree nature may also lead them to be careless. -- Nope. Disagree on this one, too. I've been married for 26 years. I think I am "committed"!

The liver, hips, and thighs - Sagittarians have a sensitive liver and may be susceptible to alcohol abuse and hepatitis. However, their love of the outdoors helps them keep healthy. -- Yikes!! I do love the outdoors, tho!

Snakes

I do NOT like them!!! I am TERRIFIED of them!!! Just thinking about them makes me CRINGE!!! We have had a few around our house, but so far... none that were dangerous, thankfully!!

Seasons

I enjoy watching the seasons change and living in an area of the country where they DO change! David keeps talking about us retiring in a place that is warm all year 'round. I like that idea a lot, but I would really miss seeing the seasons change.

Scrapbooks

I used to be addicted to scrap-booking! I did it almost 24/7!! I even tried (very hard!) to have my own scrap-booking business, but I just couldn't make it work. I was very good at it, back in the day --- (about 10 years ago!). When my mom had her stroke, and I became heavily involved with helping her and also had to go back to work full-time... I lost my interest in scrap-booking. I still have 90% of my supplies and I have MANY albums that are finished and MANY, MANY pictures to still "scrapbook". My heart really wants to get back into the hobby, but my head just isn't into it. I do miss using that "creative" part of my brain. I guess I am using it to "blog" now, instead! **Smile**

Sand

Ahhhhh..... This is where I would love for my feet to be right now!! In the sand on a beautiful beach, somewhere!! I enjoy going to the beach so VERY much!! My favorite beaches are the ones on the panhandle of Florida. The sand is as white as snow and SO soft!! Oh, I can't wait to get there in June and sink my toes in it!!!!

I just HAD to add pictures to this one!!


St. Joseph's Peninsula, Florida

My toes covered in sand!

5 comments:

  1. hey sis love your list but then we knew i would totally loving doing this challenge with you.oh and my birthday Nov.29

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a lot of scrapbooking but when My group broke up I stopped. I miss it and hope to get back and finish some albums one of these days..... :)

    Love your toes covered with sand. I'm a beach girl all the way.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi "Sis"! ~ :)

    Hi Linda! ~ I used to "head up" a Scrapbooking group at my church. It was fun, at the time. Yes. I have MANY albums that I need to complete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your "s" post Becky! I am also a Sagittarius-December 19th! I agree to disagree as you did-not pushy, blunt or impatient! I'm the biggest pushover! And I love your beach photos. When my son was 4 we went to the Bahamas for a vacation. I got very sick with the flu before we left, but wasn't about to give up that trip and went anyway, and swore I would be happy dying on that beach. Of course I got better. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! ~ It's nice to know another Sagittarian! :) Oh! Being at the beach with the flu would be awful! But, you are right... if I'm going to be sick.. I'd rather be at the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...