This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge -- A & B

I saw this fun Blog Challenge on my friend Becca's Blog. I have done an A to Z Blog Challenge before, but this one is a little bit different. For this one... you have to name 5 things that start with the letter of the day and then write about them. If you care to play along... you can join in by clicking the link button on my side bar.

I am a day behind, so this posting will contain both letter A & B.

Letter A

Ashley

Ashley is my first-born daughter. She has a birthday this month and will be 24!! I am having a hard time accepting the fact that I have a child that is THIS OLD!! Of course..... I am not getting any older, myself! **Smile** It seems like yesterday that I was 24 years old!! Ashley was two years old when I was her age! WOW!

Anniversary

David and I will be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary this month!! WOW! The years have flown by so very fast! We are planning on taking a weekend trip somewhere to celebrate. We haven't decided on just "where", yet.

Atlanta

This is the city that I grew up in -- Atlanta, Georgia. I was born in Columbus, Georgia... but when I was three years old, my Daddy was transferred to Atlanta by the finance company that he worked for at the time. I grew up on the east side of Atlanta in the county of Dekalb. It's funny.... David took a transfer 12 years ago with the company that he works for and now, I am right back to where I started from!! I love where I live now, but there are many things that I miss about Atlanta.

April

The month of April is a very special month to me. It is the month that I was married, bought my first house and my second, had my first child, and it is when nature comes back to life in all of it's beautiful Spring colors!!

All My Children

This was my mother's favorite soap opera. She never missed an episode! As I grew up, I became a fan of the show as well, and watched it as often as I could. Over the past few years, I have finally moved on and no longer watch it. My mother no longer watches it either. Since her stroke, she has a hard time focusing on TV shows and movies. I heard, just the other day, that All My Children's ratings were down and that the show may be canceled. This makes me sad, but I understand.

Letter B

Bananas

I have no idea why I am writing about banana's!! This is the one food on this planet that I do NOT like!! I can't stand the smell or the taste of them! Blech! Many people have tried to get me to "like" them, but I refuse! Yes... I KNOW that they are healthy and good for you! But... NO! I do NOT like them and will NOT eat them! You can't make me!

Books

I love books!! I would rather read a book about something than read about it online. Back before Christmas, I seriously thought about asking David to get me one of those electronic book "thingy's", like the Kindle or the Nook. But, I have thought about it since then, and have decided that I like actual books a whole lot better! Just yesterday, I purchased my very first copy of Tom Sawyer! I was at a little flea market near my house that I hadn't been to in a while and found a booth FULL of old books! I could have stayed there forever looking at all of them! (In fact... I may go back and look some more!) This is where I found the Tom Sawyer book. I can't find a "year" on it, but from looking online, I believe it is from the 1950's or 60's. If you take me to a book store, you will have a hard time getting me out!!

Bags

I have a "thing" for bags, too! I love them! I use them for everything. In stores, I am drawn to them. I certainly don't need any more, but if I see a cute one... you can almost bet that I will buy it!

Butterflies

My mother loves butterflies. I always think of her when I see one. She recently told me that she would love to have butterflies released at her funeral. I had never thought of this or heard of it, but isn't it a beautiful thought! I have no idea how I will carry out her wish, but it is something that I need to research.

Birds

Now that it is Spring, the birds are returning to my bird feeder! YAY! Yesterday, I saw a bright red cardinal and a chickadee! Birds are also something that my mother loves. All that I know about birds, I learned from her.

8 comments:

  1. This was fun. My first born is named Ashleigh and my Mom's fav soap opera is All My Children (she will miss it if it is cancelled). I love books, butterflys and bags. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from a fellow Georgian!

    I found you thanks to the A-Z Challenge. Neat idea, to take each letter and make a list from it. That's a take on the Challenge I've not seen!

    Love your list! I'm a bit of a book and bag addict myself. Best of luck with the Challenge and have fun!

    Cheers!
    Jen

    PS: If two comments from me come through, forgive me. My computer is actig up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda ~ We have a lot in common! We also live in the same state! :)

    Jen ~ Thanks for visiting my blog! This will be a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you, on taking up this challenge, Becky, and you have certainly started really well with A and B. I can't believe that you don't like Bananas!! (Blech!!). I'm with you on the books and bags. I just love both of them. I found this to be a really interesting post, and enjoyed reading it. Big hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you got my earlier comment my computer decided to freak for a moment . anyways great post and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky-like your first entry to the XYZ challenge. If you've missed any letters, do you have to make them up, or if you can't start until the 5th day, can you just start with the 5th letter? It looks like fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This ~ Leave me alone about me hating bananas!! LOL! :) Sending big ((HUGS)) right back at you!

    Becca ~ I'm not sure about your earlier comment. But, thanks for this one! Hope you have a great weekend, as well!

    Susan ~ I am sure that you can do the challenge any way that you would like to! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, but a bit too tough for me :) But you are so creative! Well done and can't wait to read about C :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...