This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Days 12-15

Today, as I catch up on the days that I missed, I am thankful for many things. First, I am thankful to have a such a wonderful State Park and campground so close to my house. We drive only about 45 minutes to get there and it feels like we are a hundred miles away from home! The state park that I am speaking of is Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park. We go camping there, every chance that we get.

For some reason.... blogger is not cooperating and will not place my paragraphs where I would like them to be! So, please forgive me for the above paragraph being out of whack!

Here's a photo of our campsite. Our camper is the one with the University of Georgia flag on it. This weekend was the "big game" between UGA and Auburn. It has become a tradition for us to camp with a group of friends for this game.


Second... I am thankful for the beauty that God provides for us in the Fall leaves. This year, they seem to be especially bold and bright in color! I was afraid that they might not be, because of the dry summer that we had. But, they really are breathtaking!!




Third.... I am thankful for friends that like to play board games! I am a HUGE board game fan and I am a happy girl when I find friends that want to play, too! I brought several games for this camping trip, but this one was the only one that got played. It's called "Aggrevation". It just so happens to be a game that I grew up playing while on camping trips with my family! What great memores!


Fourth.... I am thankful for dogs that come back when you call them! We took our dogs on a hike and David decided to let them off of their leashes so that they could run. I am terrified of losing my dogs, but thankfully... they came back each time that we called them! In fact they seemed to make it a game to see who could get back to us the fastest!


Fifth.... I am thankful that we were able to watch the UGA game on TV while we were camping! We could only get just a few channels and the channel that we needed, was one of them!! Whew!! (See the TV, just below the UGA flag?) It was a small one, but that was ok!


Here are some more photos from our camping trip this past weekend.

My boys -- Jackson & Chester. **Smile**


We almost stepped on this guy as we were hiking!


Hiking


I love this picture of Jackson! This was one of those times when the "boys" had run ahead, and we were calling them back. -- Just call him "Bat Dog"!


David plays "Washer Toss" with some friends.


Miranda and her childhood best friend -- Elizabeth. She was happy to be able to spend a little bit of time together with her. They go to different colleges and don't get to see each other often, any more.
(You can see that we were playing "Aggrevation" again! **Smile**)


My girls. Miranda is an Auburn fan and Ashley is a Georgia fan.
Nope, we have't quite figured that one out yet!


Now, it's the GIRLS turn to play "Washer Toss". (My team won!)


My beautiful, Ashley.


My handsome, David.


Sadly, the DAWGS (UGA Bulldogs) lost to the undefeated, Auburn.
Hoping for better luck next year.


We had a great weekend, just the same!

*** I think I added one extra day of thankfulness into this post! Oops!! That's ok.

4 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures of your pups!! Hope you had a great trip...looked fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! We did have a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super photoes Becky of what looks to be a truly wonderful weekend!! I too love the photoes of the pups, especially Batdog!! I have never heard of the board game "Aggravation" I must admit. So many things to be thankful for on this blog, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... MANY things to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...