This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 24

Today, I am thankful that I was able to have the morning to myself so that I could clean my house & start cooking for Thanksgiving!

I vacuumed the living room, my bedroom, the rug under my kitchen table, and part of my office. (I couldn't do all of it because it is my "stashing" place and I have too much on the floor at the moment! Ooops!) I even vacuumed my living room curtains! I didn't vacuum the couch, tho. It's still on my "to do" list, listed below.

I took care of the dust bunnies in the living room and on my hutch in the kitchen.

I baked the biscuits & the cornbread for David's dressing that he is making tomorrow.

The dishwasher is washing the dirty dishes as I type.

I did get a little distracted from my cleaning when I went into my closet earlier! I started thinking about what I was going to wear tomorrow, on Thanksgiving Day. You see... we were graciously invited to have Thanksgiving Dinner with some dear friends of ours, at their house. (That will most likely be my post for Friday! **Smile**)

I knew the shirt that I wanted to wear. It is one of my favorites and very "Fall-ish"! I just didn't know whether I wanted to wear my Levi blue jeans or my Levi ,cream-colored, corduroy jeans. I ended up trying on my "skinny jeans" with my favorite shirt and REALLY liked the two together! I then tried on my tall brown, faux-suede, boots with the jeans & shirt. TA-DAH!!! I think I found a winner!

What do you think???

Please overlook the mess on the floor. Miranda didn't bother to clean her room before she left for Arizona and she is the only one that has a full-length mirror. (Sorry, Miranda!) 


This is a better look at the shirt (bouse), whatever you call it! I never know!


This earring and necklace set looks really pretty with it!


And here's one of my boots!


Okay... I've played around long enough. Gotta' get back to my list of chores still to be done ---

- Clean the kitchen floor.
- Do the "white" laundry.
- Clean the bathrooms.
- Vacuum the couch.
- Take care of the dust bunnies living in my bedroom.
- Tidy up my office.
- Think about cooking dinner.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Eve!!

4 comments:

  1. You've been very busy and still a list of things to do! Don't wear yourself out before the big day!! Still, it's a lovely feeling when everything is nice and clean and tidy! You're right, your blouse is very fall-ish! I love the accessories too. The whole outfit looks really good ! Have a good Thanksgiving Dinner with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo-hhhh hot mama!!! LOVE love LoVe the boots!!! I am a shoe fanatic!!! You’ve inspired me to dress up for dinner at our friends house tomorrow. I love that they are cooking the main meal. Although you’ll be proud of me that I made homemade home made pie crust; however I used canned pumpkin and the recipe on the back of it. Why fix something that’s not broken (ie that pun-kin pie recipe). Thank you for the comment on my last post. I’m quite devastated about the ID theft. There’s really nothing the cops or the bank can do. I will get my money back in the next 6-9months. Pretty much after everything clears the bank. I had a total of 14 hits to my account and I lost $65-ish. Thank God I don’t have lots of money in my checking account to pay for the computer they tried to buy at Apple. Well hope you and your husband have a terrific Thanksgiving. Your going to look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thisisme --- Just so you know... I didn't finish all of my chores. Oh well! :)

    Heather --- LOL!! Thank you!! ~ I love boots in the winter and sandals in the summer! I also love purses & jackets (for whatever reason!), LOL!! ~ Congrat's on the crust-making!! Ashley wanted her and I to make a homemade apple pie together, but she's been working so much that we didn't have time. We are making another apple dessert, instead. I'll have to take a photo of it and post the recipe. ~ I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Try not to think about the "other" today! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit looks great! Suck a cute shirt and necklace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...