This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 6

Today, I am thankful for my Mother-n-law. No. That is not a typo. You read it right!!

My mother-n-law is the most awesome lady and someone that I admire very much! You would never know that she is 70 years young by the way that she lives her life.

She is a strong Christian lady that enjoys life and isn't afraid to get out there and have fun!

Christ is the center of her life and she lives her life serving Him.

She travels more than anyone that I know and has traveled to many places all over the world.

She has volunteered so much at the hospital near her home in Philadelphia, PA that they offered her a job! So, now she works part time there AND still volunteers!

For many, many years she was the organist/pianist for the church that she belonged to (The same one that Hubby grew up going to.) She also volunteered much of her time there, as well. She practically did everything there, but preach! **Smile**

Unfortunately, that church had to shut down due to lack of members and funds to keep it going. She now attends another church and is happy to be doing the same things as she did at her previous church.

My mother-n-law is also a VERY talented lady! She can quilt and sew like you wouldn't believe! She also knits & crochets beautifully.

For many years (Throughout Hubby's childhood and beyond) she had her own business where she sewed and made covers and cushions for people that had boats. Today.... she is STILL doing this, just on a smaller scale.

She is like the Energizer Bunny!! She just keeps going and going -- but, in a GOOD way!

As I mentioned before, she lives in Philadelphia, PA which is a loooong way from Southwest Georgia! I wish that she lived closer. I would love to see her more than once a year. We are fortunate that she can at least come for Christmas and we look forward to her visit each year.

She is such an inspiration to me and I pray that, someday, my family can say these same things about me!

I love you May!!

Grandma and her girls - Christmas 2009


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have a mother in law like that, Becky! She sounds a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...