This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 2

Today, I am thankful my oldest daughter - Ashley.

First of all I would like to thank God for this precious child, because she truly is a gift from God. I was so young (22) when I had her. I had no idea what I was doing as I became a mother for the first time, but she made it so easy!

She is 23 years old now and is every mother's dream child. She is patient, kind, loving and giving. She never expects anything in return.

She volunteers MANY hours at our church, working with the youth, each week. She also goes to school full-time and works many hours during the week at a cute little shop called "By Invitation".

She loves the Lord and radiates that love, wherever she goes.

While in high school, she began a love for art and is now a wonderful artist!! She would love to become an elementary school art teacher, but her main goal is just to teach kids art and share her passion for it.

Here are just a few of her creations ----





My prayer for Ashley is that she graduates from college and finds not only the job of her dreams but also that special someone to share her wonderful life with.

I love you, my precious Ashley!








4 comments:

  1. What a lovely heart-warming post, Becky, and what a lovely photo of Ashley. I do hope that she does find the job of her dreams - she certainly deserves it for all that she does. Her paintings are inspiring - I loved them. How wonderful to have a talent like that. I know exactly what you mean, also, about her finding a special person. I used to wish that for my youngest daughter, and she met someone when she was 27 and they are now very happy together, with two little ones that came along very close together, which is what they both wanted. They haven't got very much money, but that is not everything in this world. Good luck Ashley in all that you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! She really is a special young woman. I forgot to say how PROUD I am of her, so I will say it here. ~ I am happy that your youngest daughter is happy. I know that you must be proud of her, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, Becky! What a gift! A beautiful daughter with a God given talent. I especially like the beach scene. And, by the way, I'm enjoying your puppys of the day, too! If you keep this up every day, you're one heck of a writer! Push On!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan! I know that I am very blessed to have Ashley as my daughter. She truly is a gift from God. ~ Yes. I love puppies, too! ~ I am loving this blogging! No plans to quit! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...