This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 16

Today, I am thankful all the small things that make my "every day life" easier and a bit more fun!

Of course, there are many to choose from so I'm just going to write about the first things that pop into my mind!

Let's see... I am thankful for my automatic coffee pot that helps me to make my yummy coffee each morning! It's not one of those big, fancy ones, but it does the job just the same.

I am thankful for my laptop computer, even though I am using a "makesift" one right now because the screen died on my other one! This one works, but the screen has to be "propped up". The henges are broken and if it is not propped up, it will fall! Therefore... I do not shut it OR move it! It has to stay right where it is. But... I am still grateful that I have one.

I am thankful for my cell phone. I love being able to be reached wherever I am and to be able to call from wherever I am. My phone is not one of those fancy ones that does all of those fancy things -- although, technically... it "could", I just don't have it set up for all of that. I do find it amazing that cell phones are like little mini computers, now! WOW!! I do "text" on mine and I do take pictures with it, but beyond that... it is just used as a phone. I will admit that there are times when having the internet on my phone would be very helpful!

I am thankful for my microwave oven. They are wonderful for heating things up and even for cooking! I am sure, as I was growing up, my mom would have loved to have had one of these! She loved to cook and to bake. I use mine every day. It's amazing how they have become such a valued appliance in our kitchens!


Well, I could continue this list, but I think I might save some for another day. Perhaps tomorrow. We'll see.

What are some things that you use everyday that make your life more simple and fun??

2 comments:

  1. Another really good post Becky. Like you, I would certainly have my pink laptop at the top of my list. I had a computer before, but only had my laptop in February, and I absolutely love it. Also agree with you about the phone. I am also thankful for my car, which I just couldn't be without!Although the car isn't really a small thing, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky, I too am thankful for the same things you are, especially the coffee pot and computer. I never dreamed we would be able to communicate with other people in this way. It's great to talk with people in other parts of the country, and in other countries. I really enjoy your stories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...