This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 9

Today, I am thankful that I live in a place where I can see the changes of the seasons.

I can not imagine not seeing the leaves change to such bright colors in the fall or not see the beautiful blooms of colors, in the spring!

I am not a big "Winter" fan, but I love it when we get the occasional snow down here!

And even though I can't stand the heat in the Summer, I love the smell of fresh cut grass! It reminds me of my childhood and playing outside for hours and hours. Of course, I wouldn't enjoy going to the beach so much, if we didn't have Summer.

Here are a few photos that I have that represent the different seasons that we have down here in S.W. Georgia. ~ Enjoy!

Trees in my front yard. This picture really doesn't do them justice. They were a bright RED!
October 2010


These are Yellow Daisies. They grow as wild flowers here, in the Fall. I stopped and took this picture of these growing along side the road, on my way home one day.
October 2010


The woods behind my house. We had 7 inches (which is a lot of snow, for us!) back in February of this year.
2010


Yes. We have palm trees planted next to our pool! I love this photo of one of them covered in the snow!
February 2010


I planted this rose bush, back in the Spring of this year. It is called a "Knock Out Rose". The yellow is "Lantana". We planted it last year.
Spring 2010


We live near Callaway Gardens. I love to take my bike up there and ride the bike trails! This photo was taken when all the Azalea's were blooming so pretty!
Spring 2010


Look at these Dogwood Trees in full bloom!! This photo was taken when we went to the Grits Festival in Warwick, GA. - Spring 2010


Ahhhh...... I love the beach!! This is St. Joseph's Penninsula, in Florida. We went camping there at the end of the Summer, this year. It was SO beautiful!!
2010


This is one of my favorite photo's. This is David and I, with a few of our friends. We were at one of our favorite beaches.... Santa Rosa Beach in Florida. It is another very beautiful beach!
August 2008



2 comments:

  1. St Josephs Peninsula looks wonderful - I just LOVE the sea. All the photographs are excellent. I really like the one of you and your friends on Santa Rosa Beach. How super to be able to paddle your feet like that. Also like the wild yellow daisies. They look so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I love the beach, as well. We are fortunate to live within 5 hours from the north shore of Florida. We go down as often as we can, for long weekends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...