This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 18

Today, I am thankful to be able to work out at the gym again!

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, but when I lost my job a little over a year ago, it was something that I had to give up because of the cost. It was $34 a month, which may not sound like a lot... but, to someone without a salary.... it IS a lot!

I kept up with my exercising at home for a while. After Christmas, we bought a Wii game system and also the "Wii Fit" program for it.

I started a new job in January, and there for a while, I had a really good routine down and was working out frequently with the Wii. I also rode my bike a couple times a week for several miles. I was doing good until Summer arrived and I lost my routine and... with the heat.... I also lost my motivation!

This Fall, I have tried and tried to get my routine back, but have failed for whatever reason.

Recently, I noticed a billboard for a different gym in town that promised a "month-to-month", no contract membership for $19.95. I have kept that in my brain for several weeks now and finally decided to go "inquire" about it, yesterday.

Of course, they tried to sell me the $30.00 a month / 2 yr contract membership.... but, I stuck to my guns and walked out with the membership that I came for! **Smile**

No. I don't get to go to the "classes" or visit their "other" gyms.. but, that's not what I'm interested in anyway. I just want a place that... #1 - I can afford! ... and #2 - I can go in, do my workout, and leave.

Yes. I did debate whether or not I could really afford the $19.95 a month, but I figured that I could cut back on my spending some (because we ALL know how quickly $20 gets spent!! Right??), then I shouldn't have any problem affording it.

I also started panicking this past weekend about the holidays coming up and how much food I will be surrounded with!!! YIKES!! I already know of TWO parties that I will be attending! They're fun, but.... where there's a party... there's also FOOD!!

So, I am hoping that going to the gym as often as I can during these "food-filled-holidays", then it will help! It's got to!! It sure can't hurt!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. Well, I was very impressed with the exercise routine you had going on in January, but I'm just like you when it comes to motivation. I start off full of enthusiasm (have joined several gyms, and really gone for it for several months) and then it all drops off. Actually, I won't say much more here, because I might make this the subject of a future blog! BUT, I was very interested to hear about the Wii Fit. We've got a really good advert going on here at the moment, with Helen Mirren using and recommending the Wii Fit! We have a Wii, and when I saw the advert, I thought THIS IS FOR ME!! And I was going to put in on my Christmas pressie list. SO! What I am saying, is - would you recommend it? Is it easy to follow?? Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love my Wii Fit!! It is VERY easy to use and it DOES make exercise FUN!! You can keep track of your weight thru it and set goals for yourself, too.

    One of the reasons that I am not using mine at the moment is that I like to exercise in private and I seem to never have the house to MYSELF! Someone is ALWAYS home!

    Our Wii is in our living room and I don't really have another room to move it to.

    I am probably making this more of an "excuse" than it really is!! **smile** Maybe once I get back into the "routine" of exercising, I can go back to the Wii Fit, because I really DO love it! -- In fact... I will have the house to myself today, so I think I will make the time today to use it! :)

    Let me know if you get one! We can be Wii Fit Buddies! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback on the Wii Fit,Becky, and I will certainly have one for Christmas now. As you say, we can be Wii Fit Buddies! I certainly do need a little motivation in these things!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...