This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 19

Today, I am thankful for the love that David has for our family. He is always there to take care of our every need.

It breaks my heart when I see parents who do not respect or show love to their children.

There is a special 20 year old in our life, whose father is this way. This young man is so very sweet and is a "good kid" (So many, aren't!), but his father simply doesn't see it. It breaks my heart. David is more of a father to this young man, than his own father is!

I wanted to write and VENT about my feelings concerning this so-called "father", but I have decided not to. There's no point.

I am just so thankful that my girls have a father that loves them and would go to the ends of the earth to make sure they had what they needed.

5 comments:

  1. I so agree with you Becky. Our children are, indeed, blessed to have loving parents. I can't imagine being any other way, and I am sure that you are the same. I feel so sorry for children that just dont have that love and support at home. When my younger daughter (now 32) was away at University, she always says that it was a real eye opener for her, and she obviously thought that all families were like ours. She soon discovered on meeting all sorts of people that this just wasn't the same, and it made her appreciate her home life and family even more. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet story about your daughter. We are certainly blessed, aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your husband are such a cute couple. And you are fortunate to have such a loving relationship. I think you are both great parents! My husband is the best grandfather (and husband) to our 2 year old grandson who is not even his blood grandson-my first husband who would be his real grandfather, passed away in 1986. He is the only grandfather that little boy has and would give his life for him. So, I know where you're coming from. I love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky - Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a note. My family appreciates your prayers and support. ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan -- Thank you for the sweet compliment! We are very blessed to love each other so very much and try very hard to be the best parents that we can be to our chidren. ~ I agree. It doesn't take "blood" to make us great parents (or grandparents) to the young people in our lives.

    Kelly -- You are more than welcome. I will continue to pray for your dad and your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...