This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 26 & 27

Please forgive me for being a day late on this post. Yesterday got away from me and didn't quite go as I had hoped it would. -- I'll explain later.

(You can read "Day 27" at the bottom of this post.)

Yesterday... Day 26, I was thankful for the wonderful Thanksgiving Day that we had at the home of our very good friends, Richard & Cindy.

Thanksgiving in our family usually consists of going camping with a few other families, or spending the day at home, just the four of us.

This year, since Miranda wasn't going to be with us for Thanksgiving, we weren't sure what we were going to do since it was just going to be the three of us. Do we do a big turkey dinner?? Do we go out to eat?? Do we invite other people over?? If so.... who??? These were questions that went thru our mind.

A couple of weeks ago, while we were camping, the subject of Thanksgiving came up in conversation between my friend Cindy and I. When she heard that we weren't sure what we were going to do, she so very graciously invited us to join them at their new home for Thanksgiving dinner. The more we talked, the more we got excited about it and accepted her invitation!  Wow! How fun this was going to be! I couldn't wait!

The day finally arrived. YAY!! At home, David worked in the kitchen making turkey and dressing, while Ashley and I worked on making the desserts to bring. I had seen an adorable way to make Pilgrim Hats out of Reese Cups and Keebler Fudge Striped cookies, so Ashley and I made some!

They are very easy to make. Just use icing to attach the "mini" Reese Cup to the cookie and then, make a buckle for it! Easy!






I thought they turned out rather cute!

While I was taking pictures of our creations, I couldn't help but take another picture of my Fall Tablescape. **Smile*



Okay.... here come the pictures of our day together with our friends. I just LOVED their new house!! My friend, Cindy, has become quite the decorator! I wish I had taken more photos to show off what she has done. Oh well!

Here's the yummy dessert table. You can see the Pilgrim hats that Ashley & I made. To the left is our Apple Surprise dessert, too. Cindy made the chocolate cake & a pecan pie. YUM!!


I loved this centerpiece that she had.


This was the centerpiece on her kitchen island, until it got moved to make room for the turkey carving.
Of course, I don't think the cell phone
is supposed to be part of it! Haahaa
I love the color combination in the napkin!


David & Ashley (right) sample the turkey, while Ryan
(Cindy's oldest son) carves one of them.
Yes. We had TWO turkey's!


David & Ashley.
Father/Daughter photo


David & I
Anniversary photo
(We met on Thanksgiving Day - 1981)


Ashley & I
Mother/Daughter Photo


This is Chris & his new (BRAND new!) fiance', Norma.
Chris is leaving for Afganistan soon.
He is my young friend that I asked my readers to please pray for.


I just had to take a picture of the "Chia Pet Cheeseball"
(as we called it!).
It was a lot more "yummier" than it looked!


I didn't get a picture of our turkey BEFORE it was carved, but
here it is, AFTER. It was yummy, too!!


My friend Cindy (The "Hostest with the Mostest) & I.
Her friendship is one that I treasure!


Ashley and her "big brother", Ryan.


After a beautiful prayer that Richard said, it was time to EAT!


Ryan and his girlfriend, Stephanie.



Look at all that yummy food!!
I loved, loved, loved this table that Cindy got at
 from an antique dealer!
It is handmade. I wish I had gotten a better picture of it.
It is beautiful!!


Our hosts, and great friends.... Cindy & Richard.


David & Ashley callapse on the couch after our delicious meal.


After everyone had let their food digest a bit, we played a few rounds of the card game,
"Apples to Apples". Great fun and a lot of laughs!
Of course, I'm caught with my big mouth open!! (on the left!)


What a wonderful Thanksgiving that we had.
The only thing missing was...
my Miranda, for which....
on this day.... Day 27.... I am extremely thankful
that Miranda is home from Arizona
and is now napping in her own bed!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love your Christmassy blog page,Becky. That's very clever and will really get us in the spirit of things. Your Thanksgiving Day looks wonderful - good friendship and good food, all in lovely surroundings. What more could you want?! Thank you for sharing it with us, especially all the photoes. (I see you've got your 'fall' blouse on!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haahaa... Thank you! It was fun celebrating all that we have to be thankful for, with our good friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...