This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 1

Today, I am beginning a month-long series called --- Thirty Days of Thankfulness. I am anxious to get this started because I often get "lost" and forget that I have SO MUCH to be thankful for!

The first thing that I am thankful for is my Hubby.

God brought him into my life on Thanksgiving Day, 1981. There was instant attraction right from the start, but it wasn't until a couple of months later, that I knew that he and I had something very special that would last a very long time.

I am so very thankful for all that my Hubby has done for me. No, I don't live in a big fancy mansion and I don't drive an expensive car or wear designer clothes. But, I never wanted that in the first place. I have all that I ever wanted, and with the help of God, he has given me that.... along with two beautiful daughters!

My Hubby works so very hard to provide for our family's needs (and wants). There is not a day that goes by that he isn't taking care of us in one way or another. He provides our financial needs, our car repair & "premaintenance" needs, our home repair & "premaintenance" needs, our lawn needs, ..... the list goes on and on!! If there is something that we need or want, he will do his best to make sure that it gets taken care of. --- He might stress about it first, but... he'll do everything he can to make it happen! **Smile**

Thank you, Lord, for giving me the gift of my wonderful Hubby!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becky. That is such a good idea to have a theme of 30 days of Thankfulness. It is so easy, in our busy lives, to sometimes forget to stop and realize just how blessed we are. Wonderful that you and your Hubby are so happy, and I very much look forward to reading the remaining days of this particular theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture of you and your husband! You know, sometimes we have to be down for a little while...it makes us think about what we REALLY have. A really true and good beginning to November 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. You are right, Susan. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...