This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A to Z Blog Challenge ~ O

The word for today is OYSTERS.

I know. This is a strange word for me to pick. I never would have thought that the sentence... "I love to eat oysters."... would ever come out of my mouth!!!

I always thought of them as nasty and slimy!

But.... there is always a first time for everything, and then add the fact that I can pretty much be talked into anything.... I had the opportunity not too long ago to try oysters. One of my friends that I went to New Orleans with, had a get together at her house and oysters were on the menu.

First, I tried one RAW, on a cracker, with hot sauce. I was nervous. But, I ate it and it wasn't bad. It wasn't my "favorite", but it wasn't bad either. I think I may have eaten one more of these, but I'm not sure.

Then, my friend put FRESH Parmesan cheese on some and roasted them for a few minutes in the oven. WOW!!!! These were oh-my-gosh DELICIOUS!! Of course, I love cheese, so that may have played a roll in why I loved them so much! I ate several of these! YUM!

I didn't have oysters when I went to New Orleans with my friends, but Hubby and I had them a couple of times while we were there.


(I tried to upload a photo, but for some reason... it won't load. Sorry about that!)

Since the recent BP Oil Spill disaster, I have had the fishermen on the oyster industry on my mind. I pray that they have been able to continue their business and can once again, gain profit from it. If I could... I would be down there this Fall, ordering and eating some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...