This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, September 20, 2010

A to Z Blog Challenge ~ M

Today's word is MONEY. Unlike, the word LOVE, from last time.... I do not like this word!! This word does not bring me happiness in any way, shape or form. It brings nothing but grief in my house. It never seems like we have enough of it.

It's sad because it seems that our whole lives revolve around MONEY! We all need it. It's not something that we can live without. We need it to buy food for our family. We need it to pay for a roof over our head. We need it to buy gas for our cars. We need it to pay for our kids' education. We need it to pay our doctor's when we are sick. The list goes on and on.

Money makes people greedy and can make some people become dishonest, causing them to lie, cheat and steal in order to get more of it. Some people become addicted to trying to get more money, while others become selfish and don't want to let go of theirs. They want it all for themselves.

Money can cause unwanted stress in marriages and families. I have often heard that one of the main reasons that marriages fall apart is because of money issues.

Lack of money can bring on other issues such as depression.

Money makes some people lose sight of God. It becomes all that they think about and focus on.

I believe that money truly IS the "root of all evil" and "money does not bring you happiness".

God's Word (The Bible) teaches us many lessons on money thru the scriptures. Here are just a few ---

Proverbs 1:19 -- Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money;it robs them of life.
Ecclesiastes 5:10 -- Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!
Matthew 6:19 -- “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.
Matthew 6:24 -- “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
1 Timothy 6:10 -- For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Hebrews 13:5 -- Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you.I will never abandon you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...