This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A to Z Blog Challenge ~ H

I have two words for today... HOPE and HAPPY. Both words are heavy on my heart this morning.

Let's start with HOPE.

Wikipedia says that.... "Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life." -- I like that! I am a firm believer in having a positive attitude.

I also like one way that webster.com defines it... "to expect with confidence". To me, that means that while you are "hoping" that something happens, you also feel "confident" that it will happen. With this definition, I think the words FAITH and TRUST go hand-in-hand with the word HOPE.

Now, let's look at HAPPY.

Wikipedia uses the word "Happiness". Here's what it says -- "Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy." I love what this says! To me this is saying that if you are not happy, then you are not content, do not feel loved (or you are not showing love to others), are not satisfied, pleased or joyful. -- How sad is that??!!

I do believe that... to be happy, you have to find contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure and joy from within YOURSELF. It cannot come from someone else. This is a lesson that I am having to learn myself, right now. I cannot let the unhappiness of someone else, bring me down. I also cannot make the other person be happy. This is something that they have to do on their own. -- Another lesson that I need to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...