This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy to be Biking Again

Today was the first day that I have rode my bike since back in the Spring. It felt soooooo good to be riding again! Yes, I could have ridden it throughout the Summer, but I'm a wimp when it comes to the heat! The temperature has to be right and the humidity has to be below 70%!

I went back to my favorite place to ride .... Callaway Gardens. I am so thankful to have it be less than a 30 minute drive from my house. It is my very favorite place to go to be by myself. It is so very peaceful!

I arrived at the park when they opened at 9:00am. I wanted to get there early to take advantage of the cool morning temperature of 68 degrees (That's cool compared to the 90+ temps that we've had!). I couldn't wait to get on my bike and RIDE! It had been way too long!

I was doing fine until I hit the first HILL! I struggled to get up it, but I never got OFF my bike! That is one of my rules. I will NOT get off my bike and PUSH IT! I made it up the hill and it felt great! I did stop at the top of the hill for a water break... but, I still did not get off my bike!

I continued until I got to the Chapel in the woods. I parked my bike, grabbed my camera and my cell phone and walked down to the lake and sat where I was facing the Chapel. It was very peaceful.




I decided to look out over the lake to see what kind of wildlife that I could see.


I noticed this Blue Herring (at least, I "think" that's what he was!) standing not too far away.


I walked a little closer to get a better view of him. ~ I love my 10x Zoom on my camera!



Back on my bike, I took this picture of one of my favorite parts of the bike trail. I like it because it is FLAT! It is also very beautiful!


As I cruise around the many lakes, I like to look for the turtles sunning themselves on the logs. Today, this one was the ony one that I saw. Wonder where his friends were?


Here's one of the many beautiful views of the golf course and lakes.


I love COLOR, and back in the Spring, when I was biking at Callaway... I would always see lots of flowers and blooming plants along the trail. Today, I didn't see any color until I came across this holly bush (or tree. I'm not sure which!) with it's bright reddish-orange berries. This "bush" brought back some childhood memories of mine. These type of bushes grew near the apartment building that I grew up in. My friends and I would always pick them and either use them as weapons to throw at each other or use them as food to feed our dolls!





Next, as I rode along... I came across the Garden Restaurant. I couldn't help but be inspired to take these next few photographs. I think these are my favorite!





As I came around the next lake, I stopped to take this photo of the boat house. I wanted to take more, but I couldn't get a clear shot of it through the trees. But, I am happy with this one that I DID get!


My next stop was at my favorite bench swing that is secluded off to itself next to one of the lakes. Every time that I go biking at Callaway, I pray that this swing is available. Today.... it was! Thank you, Lord! Words can not describe the peacefulness of sitting on this swing, listening to the birds chirp and the rustling of the leaves on the trees as the slight breeze blows. The only interruption that I had was a big fish that kept jumping in the water! He made me laugh every time! My Lord knew that I needed this quiet time with Him so that I could work through some things and talk (and listen!) to Him.



Thank you, bike, for the wonderful ride today. I'm so glad that we're back together again! I missed you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...