This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bucket List #4-6

#4 --- Visit Italy & tour Rome and have plenty of time to explore --- Last year, I read two different books that were set in Italy. By reading those books, I developed a love for Italy and a desire to go there someday!  I checked books out of the library and did my research. I figured out exactly where I wanted to go. (Well, Hubby would be with me!) We would fly into Venice and spend a couple of days there, exploring. Then, we would take a train across the country to Rome. Along the way, we would make stops in places like Florence and the Tuscan Valley.


#5 --- Visit the Virgin Islands - Go to “Jost Van Dyke” --- I had never heard of Jost Van Dyke until Kenny Chesney wrote about it in one of his songs called "Somewhere in the Sun". I had to look it up to even know where it was (or WHAT it was!). Once I realized where it was and how beautiful it is..... that was all it took! Now, I want to go there! The song talks about a bar named "Foxy's" and the "Firewater Rum" that they have there. I looked up Foxy's on the computer and actually found it! Hubby and I even ordered a T-shirt & hat from there! Someday, we'll make it there! --- And we'll already have the T-shirt! (and hat!)


#6 --- Visit Austrailia --- I don't know much about Austrailia other than what I've seen on TV and in pictures, but I like what I see!! I have always had an infatuation with the continent. I would love to see Sydney and also (maybe) snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef. I say "maybe" because I am terrified of sharks, and from what I've heard... the Great Barrier is NOT the place to go if you are afraid of them! But, it looks so beautiful!!! I also love the way the Aussie's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...