This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

It's hard to believe that another year has ticked away. I am sure that you will agree with me that as we get older, the years seem to go by faster and faster. I can't help but wonder why that is.

Here's a look back at my 2010. It is full of some great and some "not-so-great" memories.


January -
  • I started my new teaching assistant job at my church preschool.
  • I attended a beginners quilting class and "briefly" caught the quilting bug.
  • I went to Atlanta for a fun get-together with some friends from high school.
February -
  • I attended and helped lead a Women's Retreat for the ladies of my church. We met and stayed overnight in a historic hotel in Warm Springs, Georgia.
  • I watched the New Orleans Saints win the Superbowl.
  • David and I had a trip to Savannah, Georgia planned for Valentine's weekend, but had to cancel it because South Georgia got a big snow storm! (Well.... it was big for us, anyway!)
  • We drove, north, to Atlanta and enjoyed a fun evening there instead.
  • I watched the 2010 Daytona 500. (Can't remember who won!)
March -
  • We celebrated David's 47th birthday on the 10th of March.
  • Along with our church family, Ashley and I participated in and walked 6 miles for a fundraiser for our local homeless shelter. Our church won the prize for the most walkers.
  • I saw a ear, nose & throat doctor about my terrible sinus problems and thought I might have to have surgery. Luckily, a CTscan ruled that out.
April -
  • David and I went to the National Grits Festival in Warwick, Georgia with some friends. Saw the largest bowl of grits EVER! It was a really fun day!
  • David and I attended a friends HUGE 50th birthday bash. The setting was pool-side and they had live music by a local musician that was WONDERFUL! What a fun evening!
  • On April 19th, David and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary by spending the day together and biking at Callaway Gardens.
  • We followed that by spending a relaxing weekend at a Spa Resort at Stone Mountain Park. It was wonderful!!!
  • We celebrated Ashley's 23rd birthday on April 22nd.
May -
  • On May 1st, we picked out and brought home our new 6 week old puppy, Chester!
  • On May 21st, we celebrated Miranda's 19th birthday.
  • We went hiking at FDR State Park in Pine Mountain, Georgia.
  • The girls and I went with our College Sunday School Class to the Wild Animal Park in Pine Mountian, Georgia. We rode thru the park in a rented open-window van and laughed hysterically as we fed the many HUGE animals with VERY large tongues!
  • The preschool year ended for the summer.
  • I watched the final episode of the TV series, LOST.
June -
  • David and I went to Panama City Beach to enjoy a weekend with friends at their condo that they have there. What a fun time we had!
  • The girls and I participated in Vacation Bible School Week at our church. We were "Crew Leaders". Each day, we were each in charge of about 8 kids as we guided them to the various parts of VBS. It was a fun, but EXHAUSTING week!
  • I took the girls and Rory (Miranda's b/f) to Orlando to visit Univeral Studios and especially Harry Potter World! It was only the 2nd week that this new section of the park was open. We had a BLAST!!
July -
  • We spent July 4th up at FDR State Park at the campground, visiting our friends who were camping.
  • We bought a new (well, it is "new" to us!) pop-up camper!! YAY!! We had sold our other camper last Fall and were missing camping very much!
  • We spent lots of time hanging out with our friends, swimming and grilling at each other's houses.
  • David and I hosted a pool party for the College Class that I lead at church. We all had a great time and the "kids" made up a really fun game of "Pool Baseball"!
  • July 31st marked the beginning of my gallbladder issuses that I would deal with for the next 2 months!
August -
  • The first three days of August I was sick with abdominal pain. At this time, I didn't know what the problem was.
  • On August 4th, I had an ultrasound and bloodwork done that didn't show anything wrong.
  • On August 13th, I had a HIDA scan done to test my gallbladder function. This came to prove that my gallbladder was NOT functioning properly.
  • I began my training to become a Stephen Minister.
  • David took me to a shooting range where I learned how to shoot a gun. That was crazy, but fun!
  • A new year of preschool began.
  • I helped and participated in "Get in the Game Day" at my church. This was a HUGE event that was to target people that are not involved in church. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!
  • Football season started again!! YAY!
September -
  • On September 3rd, I had my gallbladder removed by lyproscopic surgery. It went well, but the anaesthesia made me SO sick for 24 hours! This was NOT fun!
  • We went to St. Joseph's Pennisula (Beach) in Florida as a family. This was a GREAT place to recooperate and the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen!!
October -
  • We went camping with our new camper twice!! The weather was PERFECT both times!!
  • Ashley and I attended "Family Day" with my mom at her nusring home.
  • On October 31st, I finished my training and was presented to the church as one of only 8 Stephen Ministers!! This was a very special day!
November -
  • I drove to Newnan, Georgia and spent the day with my very good friend, Diana.
  • We went camping again at FDR State Park.
  • I joined a new gym! YAY!
  • On Thanksgiving Day, David and I celebrated 28 years of being together!
  • We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with some great friends, at their house.
  • The day after Thanksgiving... my mom went into the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure. She was in the hospital for almost a week. I was really worried that she would lose her room at the nursing home, but thankfully... it all worked out.
December -
  • I went to Atlanta and met up with my high school friends. We had lunch and then went to a play that another classmate was in. It was a lot of fun!
  • The girls took me to see the latest Harry Potter movie for my birthday!
  • David treated us to a dinner at the Olive Garden. YUM!
  • I celebrated my 46th birthday on December 9th.
  • David and I attended a Christmas party at the home of my preschool director.
  • Ashey and I attended the grand opening of the new Carmike Theatre here in town. We got free food, popcorn & drinks and then got to see a movie for free. We saw SALT with Angelina Jolie. It was very good!
  • David and I attended a fun Christmas party hosted by some friends of ours.
  • David's mom arrives from Philadelphia to spend Christmas with us.
  • We had a wonderful Christmas, celebrating the birth of Christ and enjoying time together as a family!!
I pray that you can look back at your 2010 and reflect on some great memories, as well. I also pray that your 2011 will be a year full of fun and celebrations and that God blesses you in ways that you can not even imagine!

    5 comments:

    1. What a lovely, reflective post to end 2010 with Becky. Gosh, you're a mere youngster!!! That was rather special that you are now a Stephen Minister. I laughed at the bit about the quilting which you started for a while! That would be me exactly! Wonder how long I will keep going with the Wii Fit. (Haven't started yet by the way. Thought I would leave it until next week when all the celebrations are over). Hope you have a very special new year Becky and I look forward to our continued friendship in 2011. Big hugs to you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy New Year, Becca!

      Haaahaa, This! Glad that I could make you laugh! I really DO want to continue to quilt. I do enjoy it. I made the mistake of putting it aside for the summer, and just haven't picked it back up! I plan to get back into a routine of using my Wii Fit after the new year starts, too. We'll have to keep in touch and keep a check on each other! :) Sending New Years Blessings on to you and your family, as well!! ((HUGS))

      ReplyDelete
    3. I had to laugh that an Olive Garden meal qualified as an event in December! Yeah you! I love that, a woman after my own heart!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Sandra ~ I guess I should have said that it was for my birthday. It would have made more sense! LOL! But, hey.... Yes! A trip to Olive Garden IS a treat! :)

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...