This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snapshot Saturday - Next 2 photos!

It's time for two new photos!!

Susan from KardKornerKrib picked this combination: 7 - 9 - 19 and here's the photo ---



This photo was taken at one of our favorite beaches in Florida -- Santa Rosa Beach. It is on the panhandle, near Destin. We have a favorite campground that we go to there!

We had been there for several days and the weather was beautiful! Then... on the day that we had planned to leave, tropical storm Gustav began approaching and the weather turned "not-so-nice". We took a walk down to the beach to take a look at the storm before we headed home. We were extremely glad that Gustav waited and allowed us to have a beautiful vacation!

I took this photo in color, but was playing around with my photo editing software and that is why this one is black & white. It looks better in color!

The next "combination" was picked by Thisisme over at Southhamsdarling: 32 - 8 - 48.



This is a photo of the lake at the campground that is near our house. It is called Lake Deleanor and it is at F.D. Roosevelt State Park. We camp here as often as we can because it is so close to home!

This particular camping trip was on the Thanksgiving of 2006. For several years, we camped with friends, here. The weather could not have been more beautiful on this particular Thanksgiving weekend!! I have MANY beautiful photos that I took then!

The following two years, the weather was "not-so-nice". It rained a lot and it was cold!!! The girls and I were miserable!! I finally told David that I was DONE camping for Thanksgiving and that I wanted to be at HOME from now on.... or at least somewhere dry and WARM! **Smile**

Thanks for playing along, ladies!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Great picks Becky...ah, the beach. The girls look like they're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've reminded me that I need to get out more, especially by the water. Even if the weather's iffy, there's a cathartic effect to being beside a body of water. It soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Carmi. I love the water, too!

    Thanks, Becca & Susan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...