This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, December 3, 2010

I need to recharge MY life. What about you?

It's sad, but it's true. When a crisis happens, I am guilty of letting worry & anxiety fill my body and my mind to the point where I forget to let go and let God take control.

I try to handle it all by myself and forget that God is walking right beside me... just WAITING for me to give Him control.

I can see Him in my mind, begging me to give it over to Him, but I am so caught up in the worry and anxiety... that I can't even hear Him speaking to me.

This breaks my heart.

Another thing that I have neglected to do lately is read the devotional blog that I follow. I've been skipping right over them, unfortunately.

This morning, as I scrolled through my blog list on my dashboard... one title caught my eye -- Recharge Your Life with Him. You can read this blog post by clicking here at --- internet Cafe devotions.

Here are some parts of the blog where I heard God speaking to "me".

May these words be a blessing to you as well.


Matt. 11: 28 – 30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

How often do we forget to take our weariness and heaviness to the One who promised His burden would be light; to the One who promised us rest?

“Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you.” I Peter 5:7

God is there in the midst of the storm. His hands are outstretched, calming the turbulent sea that we are are, whether it is man-made or natural.

...we must take heart while in this world, and not let it consume us so we forget the most important things in our lives: family, faith, and friends.

Jesus aroused from his sleep, opened his eyes, and looked into their frightened faces. Seeing their alarm he arose to his feet and asked, “Why are you so fearful? Why do you have no faith?”

What’s really great is taking a deep breath and remembering (as hard as I know it can be sometimes), that no matter how things may seem, God has already gotten things in control. The sea has been calmed and made safe for us to travel.

Let down your guard today and let God calm the storms in your life. Before reaching for that cup o’ joe, let God wake you up. It’s one thing to say He calms storms, it’s another to let Him to actually calm your beating heart and give you that much needed energy boost.

3 comments:

  1. This is really good! Great reminders. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! God is good. I randomly clicked on Arby's bloglist and came here. I needed this today - needed it really last night when I couldn't sleep.

    Thanks for the reminder - you are a blessing today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, Laura :)

    Hi Brownie! Welcome to my blog! Yes. God is so good. I'm glad that He led you to my post :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...