This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Birthday Fun

Today is my birthday and already it's been a fun one!

Yesterday, my girls took me to see the latest Harry Potter movie. I have FINALLY seen all of the other ones on video or on TV, but had not seen this new one, yet. This was the first Harry Potter movie that I have seen in the theatre! It was REALLY GOOD!! Except for the snake parts!! I DON'T DO SNAKES!! Blech! (I hid my eyes!)

David also gave us an Olive Garden gift card that he had, so after the movie... the girls and I had a nice dinner together.


Today, at preschool, my students gave me some fun gifts! I got a basket full of "girlie" things, like perfume & body wash. I got a Starbucks gift card, a snowflake candle, and several precious, "handmade" cards. The teacher that I teach with me gave me some cute, fuzzy slippers and some knee-socks for which I am very grateful for! 

This morning, before I left for work, I did a little bit of research about my birthday -- December 9th.

Not too many interesting things happened in history on this date, but one thing that I DID find interesting is this...

In 1992, Buckingham Palace announced the seperation of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.  -- I thought that was interesting because her son, William, recently became engaged.

Here is my horoscope for today by way of Astrology.com... (I'm not a big believer in this stuff, but it's fun to read.)

Your big brain is throbbing with new ideas -- and more are on the way! You may find them in totally unexpected places, so open up and keep paying attention until your brain is full.

Here are a few celebrities that share my birthday...

Donny Osmond - b. 1953. -- I was a BIG fan of his, growing up and I thought it was really cool that he shared MY birthday!




Felicity Huffman - b. 1962. -- She stars on the ABC show "Desperate Housewives", one of my favorites!



Margaret Hamilton - b. 1902. -- She was the Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Oz".



Here are some interesting facts about those of us that are Saggitarius...

Symbol: The Archer

Element: Fire

Group: Theoretical

Polarity: Positive

Favorable Colors: Purple  -- (I've never been much of a PURPLE fan)

Key Body Part: Hips, Thighs -- (I wonder... why?)

Chinese Zodiac Counterpart: Rat Ruling Planet: Jupiter

Cross/Quality: Mutable

House Ruled: Ninth

Opposite Sign: Gemini

Lucky Gem: Topaz

Period: Nov 22 - Dec 21

Sagittarius Personality:

Inquisitive and energetic, the Sagittarius is the traveler (Ya. I do like to travel!) of the Zodiac. Their philosophical, broad-minded approach to life (Yes. I do approach life that way!) motivates them to wander far and wide in the search for the meaning of life. Extroverted, optimistic, and enthusiastic (Yes. I am all of those things!), it can be almost impossible to keep the Sagittarius down (I suppose that is true.). They love change (Not always!). In fact, change is essential for this sign to feel their best.

Sagittarius Key Words:

Strengths:
Great sense of humor, idealistic, generous. (Yes. I think I agree with this.)

Weaknesses:
Will say anything no matter how undiplomatic, promises more than can deliver, can be impatient to the point of rudeness. (This is most DEFINITELY not me!)

Charismatic marks:
Open and interested. (Yes.) Generally tall (Nope), strong legs (Yes). Clothes for comfort, not style (Yes!!). Women act in a "tomboy" manner (A little bit).

Likes:
Travel, being outdoors, freedom, philosophy. (I agree with all of these except for the "philosophy" part. Not sure about that one.)

Dislikes:
Details, being constrained, off-the-wall theories, clingy people. (I agree with the "being constrained" part! Not so sure about the others.)

Best environment:
Outside, on the move. (I do like to be outside and on the move, but I also like to be comfy and doing absolutely NOTHING!)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Becky! Hope this coming year will be a happy and fulfilled one for you. Goodness me, your poor brain, all that throbbing with new ideas!! That sounds a lovely treat, going to see Harry Potter with your girls, and then out to dinner. I've seen all the Harry Potter films, apart from this latest one. I think it is going to be in two parts. You had some lovely presents from school. I love birthdays - even though I certainly don't want to get any older than I am already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! Yes. My girls got me hooked on Harry Potter. We went to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida this past summer and visited "Harry Potter World", there! It was magnificent!! Yes, this last movie is in two parts. We heard that the film directors didn't want it to be just ONE movie because there was too much of a story to tell in this last HP book. They didn't want to have to leave out any details. I am currently reading the 1st HP book and I am amazed at how closely the movie goes along with the book! ~ Yes, I agree. Birthdays are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday:) Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies, for the birthday wishes! It was a very nice birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad to hear you had a great birthday! Thank you for the wonderful spirited comment. I should be back on the bandwagen this week and back to cooking. PS love your new updated blogspot, super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...