This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Where does my help come from?

Original date written -- 3/29/10

I have these lyrics stuck in my mind this morning and I can't remember what song they are from! -- "Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord." -- I'm not even sure if that is how the song goes! Haahaaa! But, I like what it says. I have to remember that when I am struggling with a situation, I need to look to the Lord for help. I can not do it on my own. --Philippians 4:13 says... "For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." I love that verse!

In my devotional book this morning, I read that when I am hurting, or feeling lonely, or sad... I can go to God and snuggle in His loving arms for comfort. I love that visual!! I can just imagine myself all curled up in His lap, like a little girl curls up in her Daddy's lap.

I love how I feel when my hubby's arms are wrapped around me in a hug. It is such a comforting feeling. A "safe" feeling. That's how God hugs me, too... if I let Him. I can feel that same feeling of comfort.

Thank you, Lord, for your warm hugs and comforting arms! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...