This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day two of .... "The Purge"

Original date written -- 4/6/10

I'm not sure how much "purging" I will get done today. I need to just clean my house today. First on my list is to work out on the Wii.

I do believe that God gave me a message this morning regarding "holding onto things", which goes right along with what I wrote yesterday about how I have a hard time "letting go of things". In my devotional book -- "Babes With Beatitude" -- God helped me to understand that.... anything that I can't do without or that I have an addiction to, means that it is an "idol" in my life and therefore could be put before God. I need to seriously think about the things in my life that I think are so "precious" to me. Are they really more important to me than God?? If I had to choose between them and God... which would I choose?

This is the thought that I need to have as I go thru the "things"... (aka: CLUTTER!) .... in my house and decide what I can get rid of. I know some "things" are things that I really can't (and shouldn't) get rid of. But, I do need to seriously think about why I feel so strongly about holding on to so many "things".

I think I just discovered something. --- The answer is that these "things" are just that... THINGS! And they really are not more important than God.

*** It's now 2pm and I have been busy all day cleaning my house. I got a lot done, but there is still more to be done. I took a break about an hour ago to lounge by the pool.. *smile*.. for a bit.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...