This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grits and More Grits

Yesterday, Hubby and I attended the "National Grits Festival" in Warwick, Georgia. I've lived in Georgia all of my life and had never heard of this tiny, little town. I still don't know WHY they celebrate GRITS, of all things! And no... I am not talking about Girls Raised In The South, either!! I am talking about the very, southern food that is typically eaten for breakfast. I have never been a fan of grits. Who wants to eat something that tastes like DIRT? (That's my opinion of how it tastes, at least.) My apologies to those of you that like the taste of it (or...  of "them". I'm not sure.) And while I'm thinking about it..... I realize that people eat "grits", but do you eat a "grit"? To me.... the word "grit" DOES make it sound like you're eating DIRT!! ~ Again... my apologies.

Okay... now you are probably wondering why I know what DIRT tastes like. Well, it's not that I ate dirt on purpose!! But, I do believe that every kid has had the not-so-pleasant experience of eating dirt! And if you haven't.... well.... eat GRITS (or a "grit") and you will know what DIRT tastes like!! Again... this is just my opinion.

Anyway... here are a few photos from the Grits Festival that I want to share. We really DID have a good time and if you like to eat GRITS (or even if you don't!), I suggest that you not miss it next year!


Care to take a swim in this HUGE "bowl" of grits??


A couple of the MANY winners of the "Miss Grits" contest rode in the parade in style!


Grandma and Grandpa Grits

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...