This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Still Remember...

On this day, 23 years ago, at almost this exact time (5:40pm)... I had just gone thru my first .. (yes. I said... "first", because there was a "second"!) ... C-section. I was scared to death, but felt at ease when the doctor made the long awaited announcement ..... "It's a GIRL!" Those words were music to my ears because I was so afraid that I would have all BOYS!! I could rest easy now, because I knew I had a least ONE girl!

But... the celebration came to a screaching halt when my new baby girl (Dtr. #1) was rushed out of the operating room because she wasn't breathing. I didn't even get to see her! Hubby didn't know what to do. He didn't want to leave me, but knew he needed to follow the nurses to find out what was going on. I was left in the operating room, wondering what was going on while the nurses drugged me up even more than I already was. I was a young 22 year old "new" mom and had no idea how hard the next 12 days would be.

Dtr. #1 had been born with fluid inside of her chest cavity and her lung had callapsed because of it. Tubes were inserted into her sides to drain the fluid. She was 8lbs/15oz and would be the biggest baby to occupy the NIC Unit for 12 long days!

Finally, she was able to come home and has been thankfully healthy over her 23 years of her young life. She is a gift and a blessing from God and we love her so VERY MUCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...