This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

25 Years Ago, Today.....

I was sick as a dog on the day before my wedding! Yes... on April 18, 1985.... instead of having fun and enjoying my last day of "singleness", I was in the bed with the FLU! Luckily, I was on the tail-end of my sickness, and not the beginning of it.
I don't remember much about this day, other than my mom asking me.... "Are you sure you don't want to post-pone the wedding?". Me.... "No!!! I'll be fine!" I had a high fever and could hardly move because my body felt like it had been hit by a freight train, but I was NOT missing my wedding!!
Even tho it was not a big fancy wedding, a lot had still gone into it and I didn't want to let anyone down. PLUS.... Hubby's mom and grandmother had flown down from Pennsylvania to be there. My aunt & uncle had driven up from Florida, and others had gone out of there way to make sure that they could be there.
I had really wanted to get married on April 18th because 18 is my favorite number, but... it turned out that April 18th, was a Thursday and that wouldn't work. So, I had to settle for .... Friday, April 19th.
I guess it's a good thing that we didn't get married on the 18th, because I was so sick. As it was, I STILL had to crawl out of the bed to go to my wedding! I held up well, tho.... considering.

You've probably already figured out what tomorrow's blog will be about!   **SMILE**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...