This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

45, Going on 30!

It feels so wonderful when someone thinks that you are a LOT younger than you really are! That happened to me today at the preschool where I help teach. Today was "Muffins With Mom" day. All of the kids in my class had either their Mom or Grandma (or both!) come to eat muffins with them. I was sitting next to one of the Grandmas and this is how our conversation went....

GRANDMA: "So, how do you learn what to do with these kids? Are you 'self-taught' or do you go to school for it?"

ME: "Well, I've been working with kids on and off for over 25 years now. I was 16 when I got my first job in a Day Care."

GRANDMA: "25 years!!! How can that be? Aren't you, like.... 30?"

ME: "Haa haaa!! Nooo! I just had my 25th Wedding Anniversary!"

GRANDMA: "How old are you???"

ME: "I'm 45."

GRANDMA: "SH*T!!!!" -- (Then, she apologized and I just laughed! It was so funny!)

She continued to go on and on about how she couldn't believe that I was as old as I said I was. It made my day, that's for sure! Of course, this was the first time that I actually realized how long I have been working with kids!! 25 years is a LONG time!! And it's actually more like... 29 years! YIKES!! I'm getting OLD!! .... Wait! No, I'm not! .... I'm only 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...