This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day one of ... "The Purge"

Original date written -- 4/5/10

This is my Spring Break week and I really want to take advantage of the time and get rid of some clutter!! I have WAY too much stuff and I need to get rid of some of it. I wouldn't call myself a "hoarder", but I am a clutter-bug! I have trouble getting rid of things. I find myself emotionally attached to "things" and can't get rid of them.

For example... I love books and I have a hard time getting rid of my favorite ones that I have read. Why? Because I liked them so much, I just might go back and read them again. --- NOT!!! I know deep down that I won't. But, I still have a hard time getting rid of them!

Then, there is my scrapbooking stuff. I have quite a bit of it, even though I did go thru it recently and got rid of some of it. I keep telling myself that I will get back into that time consuming hobby, but in reality... I probably won't. I also think of all the money that I invested into my scrapbooking "stuff" and have a hard time getting rid of it because of that reason, too.

Most of what I have in my house are things that are sentimental to me and I have a hard time letting go of them. But, when I think of how much "neater" my house would be if I would get rid of some things, I get excited.

I better go and get started while I am "excited"! Maybe if I blog about my accomplishments, it will help. ~ More to come!

*** Well, it's now 11:15am, and I feel like I haven't accomplished much at all, even tho I've been working for 2 hours, here in my office!! I have done some detailed cleaning and some "going thru" and "throwing out", but it doesn't feel like I've done much at all! Now, I've got to stop and go take a shower and hit up the grocery store. Oh, poo! First I have to figure out what meals I am making this week!! UGH!! ~ Hope to get back to "Day one of the Purge", later!

*** It's now 4:20pm, and I just got thru spending another 2 hrs working on my office! Still have a ways to go, but at least it looks better and I can actually SEE the floor!! Of course, the foyer is now full of stuff that needs to go to other locations in the house! Haahaaa!! ... That will be tomorrow's first priority! (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...