This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, April 19, 2010

25th Wedding Anniversary

TODAY is the day! Twenty five years ago, I married the man of my dreams!! I was 20 years old and he was 22. We met on Thanksgiving of 1981 and married on April 19, 1985.

We got married in Stone Mountain Park, on the grassy area in front of the carving by a judge who was also a family friend. The wedding was small and very LOW budget! But, hey.... we are married, and that is all that matters!

I had wanted to have a bigger wedding, in a church... but, neither of us had a whole lot of money (and neither did our parents!), and the more we tried to plan a big wedding, the more headaches and problems we had. So... we scratched that idea and went with a more affordable & practical idea.  

It was Hubby's idea to get married at Stone Mountain Park. It turned out to be a beautiful day, too! We did not ask permission to get married there. We just did it!! We, of course, invited our families -- which were both small, anyway -- and a few close friends. Then, we had a reception (aka: Party!) later at a club house of an apartment complex that my mom worked for. More people came to it.

It was a late night, and I was exhausted after being so sick on the days leading up to the wedding. (See yesterday's blog post on 4/18/10) I was surprised that I lasted as long as I did! I have one picture, where you can tell that I was faking the smile on my face because I was about to "fall out" from being so tired!

The past 25 years have, of course, had their ups and downs.... as most marriages do. But, I can honestly say, that there have been MANY MORE UPS than downs. The man that I married has provided me with all that I could ever want .... and more! He gave me two beautiful daughters, as well. Now, I am anxious to see what God has in store for our next 25 years!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...