This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Southern Funk

Saturday, my church had what we called Market Day. They invited vendors to come in and sell their "goods". It was a fundraising event for our Kentucky Mission Team.

I was surprised to see that there were over 35 vendors, selling jewelry, scrapbooks, purses, bags, birdhouses, plants, homemade bread, scarves, fine consignment clothes, monograms, home decor, & gifts galore! I was OVERWHELMED!!

A hot southern-style breakfast was served from 9:00am - 10:30am. And a lunch of BBQ chicken and the "fixin's" was served from 11:30am - 2:30pm. Breakfast was $5.00 & lunch was $7.00.

I did good. I got there at 8:30 and stood in line for breakfast, then I went straight to the jewelry booth, which was my goal!

This booth was/is owned by my pastor's sister! Her business is called SOUTHERN FUNK. Isn't that a cute name?? I think so! She was here a couple of months ago and did a "show" at my pastor's house. I wasn't able to go, but I had heard what BEAUTIFUL jewelry she had and how WONDERFUL the prices were, so this time... I was NOT going to miss it!

I wish I had taken pictures because you would NOT believe the amount of jewelry that she had displayed and how absolutely beautiful it all was!! The prices were outstanding! Nothing was over $14.00!!!!

Here is a picture of her business card. She also has a website!



She also sold beautiufl scarves!! She had them displayed all around her booth. I was TOTALLY overwhelmed!!

My first goal was to find a birthday present for my mother. Her birthday is coming up on April 3rd. She will be 79. She loves jewelry, so I was quite sure that I would find something that she would like. The first thing that I saw was this owl necklace!! It was PERFECT for her!! My mom has always loved owls. When I was growing up, she had them all over our home!



This one has a long chain, which is perfect for her. She won't have to try and fasten it every time. It came with a set of earrings, but my mom's ears are not pierced. I will keep those for myself. I love the way his feathers "dangle"! She is going to LOVE this!

Here are the pieces that I bought for ME!

I have a "thing" for hearts! I love them! I wore this to church yesterday with a gray shirt that I have. It looked beautiful!


A closer look at the earrings which say... "honesty".


I love the beach, so this set called my name, too!! The earrings came with it!!


A closer look. The colors are so pretty!!!



I bought these earrings, too. They were by themselves! I LOVE THEM! Check out that price, too!


Here are the scarves that I bought. I have never really worn scarves before, but I really like the way that they look on other people, so I thought that I would try a couple out!

It's hard to tell in this picture, but his one is sort-of a grayish-blue color. I thought it would go great with a t-shirt and blue jeans!


This one has the beachy colors that I love! It will look great with that starfish necklace!!


Check out the website HERE and see what you like!!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful wish i had the talent to create things like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your shopping finds look amazing! The website is simply great! Can you find out if she ships to Europe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca ~ Me too!

    Claudia ~ I can sure ask! I'll let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jewellery certainly looks wonderful, and, as you say, very reasonably priced. I'm glad you bought some little treats for yourself! The scarves are beautiful too. I especially loved the colours in the second one. That sort of market is just the sort of place I like mooching around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ~ It WAS a lot of fun! I should have taken some pics of all the goodies! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, they had some pieces that looked amazing! Thank you for sharing. I love frogs, I plan on buying the frog braclet!!!! Thanks so much for sharing such a fun website. You bought some cute things, as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather ~ That's cool! I'm glad that you found something that you liked! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...