This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Joey's

While we were camping over the weekend, my friend told me about a fairly new Thrift Market that is in downtown Columbus. It is called Joey's. My friend has another friend that has a booth there and is making a good little paycheck at the end of the month just by selling what she and others, no longer want!

So, on Monday (before I got sick!), I decided to use up a little gas and drive down there. It is in an old warehouse and there are LOTS of booths to wonder through! I even got a little lost as I tried to not miss any!

I was not sure what to expect... whether it would be mostly antiques, mostly "yard sale" type stuff, or just plain JUNK! It ended up being a big mixture of a little bit of everything, which was ok. I didn't really have any money to spend, but knew that I could spend a little if I found something that I just HAD to have.

I love dishes, glassware and antique furniture. So, those were the things that I mainly looked at. I kinda' skipped over the booths with toys, baby stuff, clothes & "junk". I also love books, but didn't spend the time looking through the many that I saw. Maybe next time.

I took a few photos of some things that I liked and thought I would share them with you.


I thought these dishes would be cute for summer! I wanted to buy them, but they had a price tag of $3.95 for EACH plate! I thought that was just a little high.


This was my favorite booth and I LOVED this white cabinet!! It was a reasonable $120. I think it would look wonderful in a bathroom or a kitchen. I don't have the room for it in either one of mine. I would love to make room for it in my office, tho! 


I would REALLY love to redo my master bedroom. I would love to replace my big, ugly, triple dresser for something like this antique one!! It was a reasonable price of $142!! It's not as big as the one that I have, but this one has two deep drawers. Most of my clothes are in my closet, anyway.


I would also love to replace my very outdated headboard (no footboard) with a beautiful iron bed! This one was pretty, but was only a queen - I have a king sized bed, right now - and it isn't exactly the style that I like. The price was VERY good, tho! It was $475 and included a not so pretty dresser that did not match at all! (I should have taken a picture of it, too!)


This IS a very pretty bed!


I'm looking for something more like these below. I grabbed the photos online.

http://www.classicalbeds.com/

http://www.tyndallfurniture.com/
I look foward to going back and looking around a bit more! I better save my pennies!! **Smile**

4 comments:

  1. I would have loved to wander round that place with you Becky! I just love mooching round places like that, and, like you, I loved that little white cabinet. By the way, you've been playing with your Blog again. Very Irish at the moment! Do hope you're feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh This!! That would be so much fun if you could!! ~ Yes. I get bored easily, so I like to "change things up"! After St. Patty's Day, I will change it again! :) ~ Thanks for the well wishes. I'm still not 100%. Looking foward to when I am again! This is getting OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Love antiques as well, and your bedroom idea is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...