This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Feeling Like a Child Again



Have you ever been "picked on" or "singled out"??? I can remember going through this as a child in elementary school. It's NOT fun!



Kids get picked on for many reasons ---
  - because their clothes are "different" than everyone else's
  - because of where they live
  - because they wear glasses or braces
  - because they are short
  - because they are shy
  - because of their religion
 And they even get picked on for being "too nice"!

Well, believe it or not.... I feel like I am going through this very same thing right now, as an adult! I am not sure of the reason, but I honestly do feel like I am being "singled out" but in a suttle way.

I wish I could give you more details, but I don't want to write too much. My words could come back to haunt me later on, and I don't need for that too happen.

I am not sure what I have done to make this "person" or "persons" not like me. I am honestly NOT used to someone NOT liking me! Not to toot my own horn... but, it doesn't happen very often!

Please.... if you don't mind.... say a prayer for me that I will know how to handle this and that I can make wise choices, regarding this issue. My decisions could affect my future!

I really want to go directly to this person (and it could possibly be more than one!) and say... "What have I done to you to make you feel this way about me and do this to me??"... but, I can't.

All I can do, for now, is just "grin and bear it", smile and play their stupid little game. Maybe someday, I will have the chance to ask them my question and let them know how much it hurts my heart and also makes me angry.

*** FYI ---- I am not talking about my husband, my family or any of my close friends.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Becky, I'm so sorry that you;re having to cope with this situation right now. It really is not nice, and very unpleasant. I will certainly pray that everything works out well and that it will get sorted. I just don't know what's wrong with people when they behave like that. I really do feel that they have something lacking in their life, or that they are very unhappy, and just seem to want to take it out on others. But it certainly isn't fair when you haven't done anything wrong. Strangely enough, another blogging friend posted about this very same situation (in the workplace) only a couple of days ago, and it was really affecting her. Don't let them get you down Becky. Remember, you are worth so much more than them. Sending you a big ((HUG)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will take the best decision, just breathe, sleep over and tomorrow all will be better. I am sending you strenght :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like I have some connection issues from Estonia. Anyway I try again. What I wanted to tell you that I believe that you will take the right decision, just give it time. Take a deep breath, sleep one night and tomorrow the world will seem better. Sending you strenght!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, This ~ I appreciate your support. I think a lot of it is this person's need to "control" others. That's interesing that someone else blogged about the same thing! Wow! I feel for her or him. Tomorrow, I will hold my head high and just be my usual "nice" self. Thank you for the ((Hug)), too! ;)

    Claudia ~ Thank you for your sweet words. You are right. Things may look a lot different tomorrow! Thank you for the strength! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry. I know what that feeling is like, unfortunatly for me I tend to pick out "friends" that do that to me all the time. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Heather. I've had this happen with friends, as well. Either way... it's NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, I know the feeling-you're not alone, although you could SWEAR you're alone. And, you would think in our adult life, people would behave more maturely. But some don't grow and mature like others. And you're right about the nice people-I guess it's easy to pick on nice people because they do not stoop down to the level and behave in the same way. If you can grin and bear it (like my mom says) they can't be sure your hurting, but I know how hard that is. I've been called "plain jane", "little orphan annie", and "half breed", just to name a few. Actually "half breed" came from a ninth grade teacher of mine!
    I'm sending you a special friend hug-AND STAND UP STRAIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Susan! I appreciate your kind words. "Grin & Bear it" is exactly how I handled it today! Thank you for the hug, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...