This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Bug is Back!

Forgive me for not posting like I should, but my little bug friend is back!! --- Well, according to the doc... it's a new bug that's moved in! This bug is not quite as nasty as the last one, thankfully. I did take drastic measures yesterday and went to the doctor for defense!

My doc could tell that this bug was constricting my breathing, so she set me up with several prescriptions of meds --- Albuterol (inhaler), Prednisone (Steroid), & a strong cough syrup. Both the Albuterol & the Prednisone have side effects!! YIKES! Luckily, I am only going to be on both for a short time.

The yellow one is the one that I have.

Last evening, I experienced a horrible side effect of the Albuterol!! My heart started racing and my whole insides were shaking!!! It was a bit scary! I got out my paperwork from my meds and started reading. --- Yep. There it was! I was definitely experiencing a side effect. I did NOT like the feeling at all!! So, I got on Facebook and asked my FB friends (and family) if anyone else had experienced this while taking this medication. I got quite a few responses and ALL said that it was normal and not to worry. WHEW!!!

I have not taken any of my meds this morning. I'm a little nervous about taking it again, but I also know that I need to in order to knock this bug out!


I DO have another idea for a blog post. I will try and work on that this afternoon. Hope you all have a wonderful day! I am just praying that I survive these meds today!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry that another little bug has moved right in there with you Becky! Especially so close to the last one you had. I also had inhalers for my breathing whilst I was poorly, but what you experienced is a bit frightening. Look after yourself and hope you feel better soon. (((Hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, This. I am certainly tired of being sick! Hopefully all of these meds will knock it out for good this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky I am so sorry you are sick again! I hope you get some rest and feel better soon! Lots of hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Linda. I sure hope I feel better soon. I'm tired of being sick! Thank you for the hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...