This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I've Won Another Award!!

Two days ago, my dear blogging friend "Thisisme" over at Southhamsdarling, awarded me (along with four other fellow bloggers) the Honest Scrap Award. What a happy surprise this was for me!! I love that my blog is being read and enjoyed! Thank you, Thisisme!!!


According to the rules... I have to share FIVE random things about myself with you, and then pass the Award on to FIVE other blogging friends. 

Okay.... here are mine ---

1) I love to read magazines (or at least look at the pictures and read the headlines!) and I don't like it when someone else picks up my magazine to look at it before I have had the chance to! I have to be the FIRST one to look at it! ~ Kinda' silly, huh??

2) Before we moved to the Columbus, Georgia area back in 1998... I had a successful pet-sitting business!! It started out with our neighbor offering to pay me to "pet-sit" their dog while they were on vacation. Then, a light bulb went off in my head and I decided that this would be a way to make a little bit of extra money for our family. I advertised in our neighborhood newsletter, and by the time we moved away... I had over 40 clients!! ~ I have never started the business back up again here, but I have often thought about it.

3) In the Summer of 2003, I won a radio contest and won a trip to the Atlanta Motor Speedway where I got to ride in a real race car and go 168 mph on the NASCAR race track!! It was such an AWESOME experience and one that I will never forget!!

4) I am currently reading the Harry Potter book series. I have finished the first one and have just started the 2nd one. They are VERY good!! I have always wanted to read them, but never took the time to.

5) I have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). The definition of RLS, according to the Mayo Clinic is this...
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a condition in which your legs feel extremely uncomfortable while you're sitting or lying down. It makes you feel like getting up and moving around. When you do so, the unpleasant feeling of restless legs syndrome temporarily goes away. If you care to read more about it, you can by going to this site. It is NOT a fun thing to have and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! There are a number of ways to control it, but the only way that I have found that works for me is to take medication.

There you go! Now, you know a little more about me!

Now, I have to choose FIVE friends whom I deem worthy of this award. If I could.... I would give this award right back to Thisisme. She is a fabulous blogger and someone that I am happy to call... "my friend".

Here are my choices ---

Susan from KardKornerKrib
Heather from Mrs C's Life

Congratulations! You are ALL wonderful people and great bloggers! Now, I get to look foward to hearing some "Random" things about YOU!!

7 comments:

  1. Becky - Those were really interesting random facts about YOU!! (Oh, before I forget - you've done it again, and got a really lovely background on your blog!). That must have been really exciting for you to win that radio competition. Not so good about the restless leg syndrome though. I've seen all the Harry Potter movies, but never read the books! The pet sitting business sounds like a really good idea - Kerching!! I know exactly what you mean about reading the magazine first! Good facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment on my blog background. I picked it up from scrappinblogs.blogspot.com. I wanted a "winter" background for January. I love the snow flurries! ~ Thank you again for the award! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'll have to work on this sometime after the weekend, I get to go have Christmas with the In-Laws this weekend. Who says Christmas has to stay in December!?!? Your so sweet, hope you have a great week!!! MUAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becca!

    Heather ~ Enjoy your weekend! Sounds like fun! MUAH!! Right back at you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, Thank you so much for the 2nd blog award you've given me. I never expected to receive so much warmth from others as a result of my writings. Believe me, it really means a lot. And your new background is really cool. I like your fat snowman at the top. I've changed my background, but still can't figure out how to get something that's really me! I've already messed something up. The 3D animation I tried really didn't work. I thought I got it off of there but I see it on your sidebar-no picture! Blah! Anyway, I'll try to be worthy of the awards. You have such cool stuff on your blog and your stories are wonderful. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome, Susan! I really enjoy your blogs, as well. You make me laugh! :) You may have the wrong "Blogger" background. That may be why your stuff isn't working for you. Thank you for the compliments on mine! I have fun with it! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...