According to the rules... I have to share FIVE random things about myself with you, and then pass the Award on to FIVE other blogging friends.
Okay.... here are mine ---
1) I love to read magazines (or at least look at the pictures and read the headlines!) and I don't like it when someone else picks up my magazine to look at it before I have had the chance to! I have to be the FIRST one to look at it! ~ Kinda' silly, huh??
2) Before we moved to the Columbus, Georgia area back in 1998... I had a successful pet-sitting business!! It started out with our neighbor offering to pay me to "pet-sit" their dog while they were on vacation. Then, a light bulb went off in my head and I decided that this would be a way to make a little bit of extra money for our family. I advertised in our neighborhood newsletter, and by the time we moved away... I had over 40 clients!! ~ I have never started the business back up again here, but I have often thought about it.
3) In the Summer of 2003, I won a radio contest and won a trip to the Atlanta Motor Speedway where I got to ride in a real race car and go 168 mph on the NASCAR race track!! It was such an AWESOME experience and one that I will never forget!!
4) I am currently reading the Harry Potter book series. I have finished the first one and have just started the 2nd one. They are VERY good!! I have always wanted to read them, but never took the time to.
5) I have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). The definition of RLS, according to the Mayo Clinic is this...
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a condition in which your legs feel extremely uncomfortable while you're sitting or lying down. It makes you feel like getting up and moving around. When you do so, the unpleasant feeling of restless legs syndrome temporarily goes away. If you care to read more about it, you can by going to this site. It is NOT a fun thing to have and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! There are a number of ways to control it, but the only way that I have found that works for me is to take medication.
There you go! Now, you know a little more about me!
Now, I have to choose FIVE friends whom I deem worthy of this award. If I could.... I would give this award right back to Thisisme. She is a fabulous blogger and someone that I am happy to call... "my friend".
Here are my choices ---
Susan from KardKornerKrib
Heather from Mrs C's Life
Sandy from The Funny Side of the Street
Evy from Yes, They Are All Mine
Kelly from UnDeniably Domestic
Congratulations! You are ALL wonderful people and great bloggers! Now, I get to look foward to hearing some "Random" things about YOU!!