This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He knows that I love Him

and I don't feel that I have to PROVE it to others.

If you are on the popular social network site called FACEBOOK, then you may have seen this post on someone's status ---

I believe in Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as my personal Savior. One facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. In the Bible it says, if you deny me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of my Father at the Gates of Heaven. This is simple. If you love God and you are not afraid to show it, re-p...ost. Are you willing?


I see a lot of different post like this one that ask you to "repost" this to your status if you believe whatever the post is about. (I wanted to find some more examples, but of course... when I go looking for them, I can't find any!)

This one really bothered me, tho. I feel as if it is asking me to PROVE my love for God by reposting this to my status, and if I don't... I will be denying that I know Him!

In Matthew 22:37-40... Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

I try very hard to live out my faith and I show my love for God in my everyday actions.


Jesus said "If you love Me, keep My commandments". I try very hard to do this.

How can we show our love for God to others?? -- Here's how...


By following His teachings and commandments, by loving others, and by continuing a relationship with Him; by praying to Him and by reading His word.

By praising Him and thanking Him, all the time, for everything that He has given to you and does for you. To Him, give all the glory!!
 
Read your bible every day in order to learn more about my God. 
 
Witness to others. Tell them about God.




Commit your life to Him. Make sure He comes first in your life and try very hard to seek Him first in everything that you do!  
Remember that when you serve others, you are serving Him.

Go to church every Sunday.

Live the way Jesus did to the best of your ability.

Believe that Jesus is God.


Remember that you can not earn salvation. Salvation is given to you by Jesus as a free gift when you believe the truth about Jesus. The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven is by believing in faith alone that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross and rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Believe this and you are saved, no matter what you do or what you fail to do.

May God Bless you today!

3 comments:

  1. Well said Becky! I also believe that the Ten Commandments are as important to living our lives today as they ever were. However, I do find it a little weird (that's not the right word, and I can't find the one I'm looking for) when people put things like that on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca ~ So glad that you agree! :)

    This ~ Thank you! Isn't it amazing how The Ten Commandments STILL apply to our lives TODAY the way thta they did so many, many years ago!! God is Good! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...