This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Family Day With My Mom

Yesterday was Family Day at my mom's nursing home. This is the third year that my mom has been at this particular nursing home. For the past two years, Hubby and I have ridden the motorcycle over there because, being October, the weather is so nice. This year, Hubby was helping out at our church's "Turkey Shoot". -- Ya. You're probably wondering what that's all about. I'll have to explain that in another post. It might actually make for a really good one!! **Smile**

Anyway.... Dtr. #2 was working, so Dtr. #1 went with me. This was actually the first year that she has been able to go to Family Day. The previous years, she was away at college.

Family Day is really a wonderful thing among one of the many wonderful things that this nursing home does for it's residents. They invite the families of the residents and provide BBQ, music & games for all. They have a beautiful yard that they use and families come from all over for the event. Unfortunately, we don't have a big family.

I was glad that Dtr. #1 got to go with me and I am pretty sure that my mom was, too. Here are a few photos from the day.

Outside decorations. They always do such a beautiful job.


The front entrance is always so warm and inviting.


Dtr. #1 and her MeMaw


Me and my Mom



4 comments:

  1. What a great day-the weather looks perfect, and just right for an outdoor event. And you and your daughter look like your having a good time. I wish your mom well.
    By the way, your date nite put a bee in my bonnet. My husband and I haven't had a date nite in some time now. We like to browse at Barnes and Nobles and also go to Chili's. I have Thursday and Friday off work this week, and we're already making plans for a couple of date afternoons and evenings. Thanks Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... Glad that I could help, Susan! You'll have to blog about your "date" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great that they have things like that and that you are able to go! I be your mom REALLY appreciated you coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laura. ~ I am sure that she did appreciate it, but it would be nice if she had showed that she did. She wasn't in the best of moods, unfortunately. (long story!) ~ Yes. I feel very blessed to have her in such a wonderful and loving enviornment. God is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...