This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Camping Trip

Wow! What a beautiful weekend! I am so glad that we were able to get away and go camping. The temperatures have finally cooled off and were PERFECT for camping!

We are grateful to have F.D. Roosevelt State Park so close to our home. It is only about 30 minutes away, but it feels like we are hours away!

Here's a few photos of our weekend ----

"Home Sweet Home" for the weekend


 My boys, Chester & Jackson





Buddy finds a place to snooze.


The girls "hang out"...


While the boys cook! ... It works out great!


Enjoying time in the hammock.


My view from the hammock.




After digging a "crater" in the pathway, the boys decide to finally relax!


Girlfriends


I'm not sure how this picture got taken, but I like it!
Can you guess whose feet are whose?


Our campfire on Saturday morning.


After breakfast on Saturday morning, we walked down to the lake to watch the
Montgomery Model Boat Club have their regatta out on the lake. It was a lot of fun to watch!

This is the area that the event took place.


One of the bouy's that the sailboats would need to sail around.


This man did a great Franklin D. Roosevelt impersonation.


First, the speed boats showed off their speed.



Then, it was time for the sailboats.



And the race begins!





The winning boat happened to be an Auburn University themed boat.





The University of Alabama boat faught hard, but lost to Auburn.


The Boys beg for treats


The sea plane was next.




It took off and landed perfectly!


Hubby takes a ride on a friend's scooter.



A little friendly competition with the "Washer Toss" game.





We had a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...