This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, February 18, 2011

A New Hairstyle


Hairsytles come and go. Mine haven't changed a whole lot over the years. I have had long hair most of my life. The only two exceptions that I can recall are... once when I was little, my mother cut my hair into a "pixie" style (short!) because she had heard that it would help my hair to thicken up. I am not sure if this worked, but I remember HATING this haircut because no one recogized me and they thought I was a new BOY in the neighborhood!! Yikes! The next time was when I was about 19 years old. I let a friend talk me into letting her cousin, who was studying to be a hairdresser, give me a "perm" ! BIG MISTAKE!!! It ruined my hair!! There was no way to save it, other than to chop it off to about shoulder length. It was about midway down my back, before the perm!

Here is a photo of me on my last day of high school in June of 1982. "Wings" were still in style and I used LOTS of hairspray to keep them in place!


My natural hair color is a dark brown, but I have dyed it many times.

When my kids were little (around 1994), I dyed it blonde. It looks pretty good in this picture, but in reality... it was way to "brassy".





I eventually went back to my natural color and wore my hair in this style for MANY years! This pic was taken around the year 2000.


I grew out the bangs above, when they began to be "out of style" and I began to get my hair "highlighted" when I started seeing a few "grey" strands! EEEK!!

This pic was taken right after I got bangs cut into my hair - again! (2007?)



This is when I began to HATE these bangs! I couldn't keep them out of my eyes! (March 2009)


By June of 2009, I had grown them out - again!


Since then, my "look" (color & style) has pretty much stayed the same as the picture above
.... until yesterday!

I got bangs, again!!

I don't have any pics of myself yet, but here are the pics that I showed my hair stylist to give her an idea of what I wanted.

I love Sally Field! And I love her bangs in this picture! I also love the length of her hair, here.



But..... since, "somebody" likes long hair..... I want to keep my length. I picked this photo of Calista Flockhart to show my stylist how I invision the rest of my hair to be, which is pretty much the same as it has been .... only Calista's is MUCH prettier!


So, now you have to imagine the two hair styles together, and you will be invisioning my new hair style! My hairstylist "straightened" my hair yesterday, which really isn't the "look" that I want. So... today, I am anxious to "play with it" myself, so that I can HOPEFULLY achieve the look that I am wanting. I think that my stylist cut a little "too much" of my hair to make the bangs, but I won't know for sure until I do it myself.

IF....and that's a BIG "IF".... I like the way it turns out... I will have a picture taken of myself in my new "hairdo" and show it to you. But.... if I don't like it.... there will be NO PHOTO!  I will be in hiding until these bangs grow out!! LOL!


4 comments:

  1. Hahaaa... Your wish is my command, Linda! Check out my next blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks like it's pretty thick with lots of body. It looks good in all your pictures-really like the high school one. And Calista's hair looks good in that pic. I always loved Sally Fields too-never could get my bangs to do whispy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan. ~ Ya. My bangs were supposed to be "whispy" like Sally's... but, I think my hair dresser cut too much and they are too short! Not liking them too much. Don't think David does either! Oh well. They'll grow out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...