This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Stuck!

I have been an exercise "junkie" for the past week and a half, and I am seeing NO PROGRESS what so ever!!! The number on the scale WILL NOT MOVE!!!  Yes. That was me "yelling" thru my typed words. I am so very frustrated. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I could drop 5 pounds with no problem. Well, apparently, those days are long over and I am depressed about it.

From what I have read ... and I read a LOT!.... you are supposed to burn more calories than you take in. Well.... right now, I feel like I will have to quit eating all together in order to do that!

Don't worry. I wouldn't be able to do that even if I tried. I honestly don't know how anyone can go without eating! But.... I DO wish that I had that mindset to a degree. I think it would help.

Not losing weight depresses me. And when I feel depressed, I just want to curl up in a blanket and do NOTHING! So, this is how I feel right now. I just want to crawl back into my bed and CRY.

But... I can't and I won't.

I will keep going forward and I will keep trying. I won't give up. Not yet, anyway.

I tried to find a clipart picture of a woman beating the cr*p out of a bathroom scale... but, couldn't find one. I did find this one tho and thought it was good for a laugh!


7 comments:

  1. keep at it if i've learned nothing over my last year of trying to lose weight is that the body has it's own time table. you may feel after a week or 10 days you should see results but the body may not so stick to it the results will come just not when you want them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becca. You are the 2nd person to tell me that the results will take time to see. I just dont' want to give up before I see any. Hopefully, I can "keep at it" so that I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Becky! It is so frustrating to not see results right away when you are working so hard. I walked 2.5 miles Saturday and Sunday and have cut my calories and stopped eating after 7 pm, and I am stuck too! I lost 4 lbs the first week, then gained 1 pound back and the scale hasn't moved since! But keep up the good work! I am trying too! Summer is just around the corner and I have some work to do before I pull out the bathing suits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm pretty good at drawling, I should draw a chick beating the crap out of a scale! I hate my scale too!!!! HAHA! Keep it up, it will come off... It takes time, thats what I hate most about it!!! T.I.M.E and who the heck has time for it to come off? Certainly not me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, PuppyKisses ~ It's nice to know that someone else is going thru this TORTURE! :) We'll have to keep encouraging each other! ((HUGS)) to you!

    Heather ~ Yes! That would be great if you did that! I want the first copy, too!! LOL!! Yes... WAITING is hard. I am usually pretty patient, but waiting to lose weight is pure torture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't gain the weight quickly. It is unrealistic to expect to lose the weight quickly. Try keeping a journal of everything you eat each day. If it goes into your mouth (even the smallest bite) write it down! You might find that you are eating more than you suspect, eating too much of the wrong thing or not enough of the right thing. I've found that an apple before heavy work (or exercise) and an apple or an orange right after helps fire up the metabolism and burn calories. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support, Arby! No. I don't expect to lose it quickly, but I DO usually see a difference on the scale when I am really trying hard to lose weight. This time, I am not. I am trying very hard to "burn more calories than I take in". Journaling is not something that comes easy to me, but I do give it a good effort. I like the idea about the apples & oranges! I am going to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...