This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

6 More Weeks of Winter???

Today is Ground Hog Day. Everyone relies on a groundhog to make the prediction whether or not the country is going to see six more weeks of winter, or not.


Photo was taken from THIS SITE.

Punxsutawney Phil... as he is affectionately called... lives in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania at Gobbler's Knob. Somehow, I think we can all predict that "Phil" WON'T be seeing his shadow today!  Check this out!

This is today's weather that is predicted for this area of Pennsylvania.


And here's the weather RIGHT NOW, there.

Nope. I don't think he is going to see his shadow!

Does this mean that Spring is just around the corner??? --- Probably not. Phil apparently isn't always right with his predictions. Poor Phil has only been correct about 39% of the time.

You can go to Groundhog.org to watch Phil's LIVE prediction!! Haahaaa!! I'm watching it now and it's so funny! They take this stuff seriously!!! The people in the audience are wearing raincoats, so.......

Nope. I don't think he's going to see his shadow! Of course.... with all of those FLOODLIGHTS that they have shining on him..... he probably WILL see his shadow!! LOL!

If you want to know more about Groundhog Day and the history behind it... click HERE for some great facts!

I just heard that Phil will make his prediction in one hour. That should be.... 7:30am, EST.  I'll have to check back then. Hope you will, too!

Happy Ground Hog Day to you all and I'm crossing my fingers & toes that Phil does NOT see his shadow!!!

6 comments:

  1. When I left work this s'morning it was -17degrees. Last night it got to -27 in good-'ol Wyom-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Becky, I didn't know that there was an actual Groundhog Day (although I've seen the film, of course). Are you sure that you're not pulling our leg here?! When do weather forecasters ever get it right?! Not very often over here in England, that's for sure. Hope you're feeling better again today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~~~ BRRRRRRR!!! That's all I can say!!

    This ~~ I was wondering what your response would be! Haahaa! It's true. We DO have an actual Groundhog Day!! Kinda' silly, isn't it?

    Becca ~~ Yes. I was happy to hear (and see!) that he did not see his shadow this morning! But.... like I posted... he has only gotten it right 39% of the time, so far! We'll just have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got your wish. I hear that he DID NOT see his shadow. Maybe the sleet and snow will go away for now. Don't mind the cold, but oooh, that ice. Your little daily puppy Walter is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I saw that, Susan! YAY!! We'll have to see if he is right this time. I'm tired of the cold & wet, too! Yes. The daily puppies are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...