This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Early Start to an Eventful Day

I was awoken by Chester at 3:15 this morning, needing to go out and potty. Hopefully, this isn't a new trend that he is starting!! Then, my RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) decided to "kick" in and I couldn't go back to sleep!! NOT fun!

Check out this photo that I took of him last night. (It was taken with my Ipod Touch, so it isn't the best quality) He loves to drag the towel out of his crate and "play" with it. It's a game that he plays. He will bring it to us and we will put it on over his head and then, he will pull it off and then bring it right back again! Sometimes, we do this to him... We wrap it around his head and laugh at him looking like a little old lady! He loves it!


Anyway.... Today is going to be a busy, but fun, day!

This morning, I am going with Ashley to the college for a ceremony & brunch, honoring her and other students that were accepted into the Education Program. Oooh!! That reminds me... I better make sure my camera battery is charged!! -- Ok. It's good! I will, hopefully, have some chances to take photos and maybe post them in an upcoming post.

The weather is rainy this morning, so I am not sure what I am going to wear. It's warm, but since it's raining.... sandals are not a good idea. And it's really too warm to wear my boots. Hmmmm.... I'll have to think about it. Luckily, I have a little bit of time!

This evening.... David, Miranda, Rory (her b/f) and I are going to the Brad Paisley concert!! The girls and I bought the tickets for David for Christmas. (Well.... mine & his tickets! Miranda & Rory bought their own.) I am super excited about going!!! We haven't been to a concert in quite a while. Darius Rucker (formally from the band "Hootie and the Blowfish") will be opening for Brad! I can't wait! I'll take my camera and try to get some photos!



Ashley will be spending the evening with Nick, her b/f. They will be celebrating his new job as a police officer for a nearby town in Alabama!! YAY!!! We are super excited for Nick! He is a great guy and we are so happy that Ashley is finally happy!

Remember the photo of the material that I posted previously??? It looked like this...


Well, I ordered the fabric and picked it up yesterday. It looks so beautiful and vibrant in this photo.... but.... in real life..... it's a good bit "darker" than this photo presumes it to be! The background here, looks like it is almost white. Well.... it's not. It's more of a "yellowish white". And the reds & greens aren't as bright. They are much darker. I am a little disappointed. But... I have not found any other pillows that I like... so... I guess I am going to go with this fabric. I think I may do the back of the pillows in a coordinating fabric, tho. I'll have to go back to the fabric store today and look around.

I also ordered a slip cover for my navy blue chair. It was delivered last night. I haven't tried it out yet, because I didn't get home until almost 9pm. I will try it today and see how it looks. Maybe I will take some more photos and post them, as well.

I better go and hit the shower before the girls do!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy the concert, by the way despite you being disappointed with the fabric colours I still think they will work well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy lady! Have fun at the concert and take some photos of everything! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Linda! I didn't take photos at the college this morning. It wasn't as exciting as we thought it would be. :( I will try and take photo's at the concert tonight, tho! ;) I couldn't find a coordinating fabric, so I am just going to go with this fabric on both sides of the pillow with some coordinating trim. I think it will look fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! As you say, let's hope that Chester isn't going to make a habit of getting you up at 3.15 a.m.!! That photo of him dressed up like an old lady is just SO cute!! Bless! Hope you all have a wonderful time at the Concert, and I look forward to seeing the cushions when they're all finished, together with the chair cover. Have a lovely weekend dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi This!!! I am so glad to see you back online! ~ Yes. Chester is a MESS! LOL! I am anxious to get the cushions (pillows) made and see how they look, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow have fun at the concert and cute pic of chester

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...